[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Zero and Reboot

PetalmagicPetalmagic
Reactions: 7,660
edited December 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Semi-Comprehensive Look at Zero on Reboot
-Featuring ZeroRosettes of Renegades
(please forgive my broken shift key)

Zero is often considered the ‘god class”. People like me who play in Reboot have wanted it for a while. But why does Nexon keep it from us? I plan on looking at that today with my existing zero in renegades.

Possible complications:
-zero weapon
Zero has a unique weapon system that allows you to upgrade it as you level. The high level weapons require essences, however. You can also reset your potential with this system for a meso fee along with weapon points. What does this mean for reboot? Well reboot progression is mainly through mesos to buy miracle cubes, so this seems…kinda like reboot progression already? Weapon points are gained through the mirror world dungeons. If it bothers people on the price of the weapon potential system, then why not raise the price a bit to be more on par with reboot cube prices? You still have to do various bosses for the late game level 8 and 9 weapons (equivalent of Absolab or Arcane Umbra). Scrolls would simply be removed as is the way with all of Reboot.
-crafting and traits
Zero can gain levels for the crafting and gathering system through an NPC in the mirror world. The traits are randomized, and you can only do so many “lessons’ a day. While crafting is not the most relevant of content due to the lack of trading equipment through reboot…its still there. Zero can craft gear with an equivalent to the set effects of the Empress set, but it won’t benefit many other characters due to the limited amount of time coins you can get through mirror world.
-Link skill and Legion
Zero has a nice legion effect of exp increase. The increase at SS rank is 10%, the same as a full Legion exp board, or a level 1 Mercedes link skill. It’s not the most significant exp raise, but it is noticeable on reboot with generally higher rates of exp. Zero also has a link skill that decreases damage taken (15% at max level) and increases ignore defense at 10% max. this really doesn’t seem overly powerful a link skill compared to skills like demon avenger which increases %damage.
-mirror world
The mirror world features a unique dungeon type of system to level up a zero. While most of zero’s exp comes from questing in the mirror world or training across maple world, this does give zero a boost to level 180 if used exclusively (although not the most efficient training method in my opinion). If need be that this is considered too powerful a leveling boost, then perhaps they would just cap the number of entries into dungeons per day for reboot zero.
Why zero might be a good addition to reboot:
-It has a decent combo system that is easy to use and isn’t overpowered as a class.
-could have more players join the game and maybe old players who have been waiting for reboot zero.
-reboot related events when zero is released could also increase playerbase and spending on cosmetics for new zero characters
-zero does have a slightly easier progression than normal, so it would help mid game players whom have been hit hard by the meso nerf to still have a little way to progress through their zero.

Id like to hear from other zero mains if they have anything to add that I may have missed.
tldR: I don’t get why we don’t have zero in reboot, I honestly don’t see anything too broken about its system that would hurt reboot.
-petalmagic the wannabe zero main
mjgj96PepexuTurtlesRock
  1. Zero on Reboot?41 votes
    1. Yes, there's no reason why we shouldn't have it.
       85% (35 votes)
    2. No, zero sucks.
       10% (4 votes)
    3. I dunno. (feel free to comment)
       5% (2 votes)

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017
    Personally, there's no real advantage or disadvantage to having zero on reboot. Just the character slots again would be the issue.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited December 2017
    Personally, there's no real advantage or disadvantage to having zero on reboot. Just the character slots again would be the issue.

Well...at least I have a character that I would gladly delete in place of a zero (i hate hero)
  • ZeroBluxZeroBlux
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited December 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »

Well...at least I have a character that I would gladly delete in place of a zero (i hate hero)

well i guess you could say you went from hero to zero. literally
    as for me, zero was my main back in the day so having him back in reboot would be amazing
    Petalmagic
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited December 2017
    So apparently the big issue with reboot zero is the weapon's system? i was told...kinda wish there were some clarification on why though. @Arwoo
    edited January 2018
    If they do bring zero to reboot, they better increase character slots yet again.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited January 2018
    If they do bring zero to reboot, they better increase character slots yet again.

Well yeah, we need more character slots in general =3= I will just delete my hero in favor of a Zero.
  • KinglanceKinglance
    Reactions: 555
    edited January 2018
    They went over this topic during their Nexon GMS Q&A. Their response to why Zero isnt in reboot was that they had problems with zero's weapon and "adjusting" it for the reboot world. They also stated it would take a lot of work. They can do it, but they don't feel like doing it.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited March 2018
    Another update and no sign of a release of Zero on reboot.... What can we do as a community to make it happen? There must be something we can do...

Wait for KMS to make it happen is the only thing you can do.
  • Arch_AlyssaArch_Alyssa
    Reactions: 1,335
    edited March 2018
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    Another update and no sign of a release of Zero on reboot.... What can we do as a community to make it happen? There must be something we can do...

Well, we do have things like Gollux and classes like Kanna and Hayato while KMS don't have them and they have things like flames and 2 reboot server that we don't have here. Point is, I don't think it's the main reason for not having it on reboot and maybe we can do something about it?
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    I don't agree with Zero being in Reboot. They can advance at a much faster rate than many other classes, and I don't think any other version of MapleStory has Zero available for Reboot.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited March 2018
    Catooolooo wrote: »

Well, we do have things like Gollux and classes like Kanna and Hayato while KMS don't have them and they have things like flames and 2 reboot server that we don't have here. Point is, I don't think it's the main reason for not having it on reboot and maybe we can do something about it?

Unique content that is developed by them but not put into the korean version, but is developed for other versions. as you said KMS doesn't have Gollux and that's the point. they dont have that content, dont care about the taking care of it and so other versions can do what they want with it. but Zero is KMS content, therefore, KMS will be taking care of it and all things related to it, as is Reboot.

so you will have to wait for it to happen in KMS because neither Zero or Reboot are Unique content.
    edited March 2018
    if they do allow zero in reboot in KMS and then in GMS, it'll just be a temporary phase of players playing Zero.
  • MigiSouthpawMigiSouthpaw
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited March 2018
    its ok to dream
    edited March 2018
    If Zero aint that special, why the big commotion to have them in reboot?

Nonetheless, an increase in character slots should also be included into this motion to have Zero in reboot. PB I exclude because it's an event class, non-permanent.
  • Arch_AlyssaArch_Alyssa
    edited March 2018

Nonetheless, an increase in character slots should also be included into this motion to have Zero in reboot. PB I exclude because it's an event class, non-permanent.

Why not having them then?
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited March 2018

Zero is special for its really cool storyline, playstyle unlike most other classes, AND it has a decent legion buff/link skill (Legion buff is equal to level 1 mercedes link though, so its not overly OP)
    Arch_Alyssa
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited March 2018
    I have an idea on how to assess what needs changing with Zero in reboot.
    1. Open PTS with a Reboot setting which includes: no scrolling except star force, no bonus potentials, HP increase on monsters, Passive Damage per level on players, higher drop rates, no trading (if necessary for the assessing)
    2. Add Zero into this Reboot setting AS IT STANDS. No modifications to the system it currently has.
    3. Get feedback on how Zero plays, its damage output, how the weapon system works (since that is the "BIG" issue) and what could be changed to allow it for play in full Reboot.
    4. Send awesome feedback to the Devs so adjustments can be made for a Reboot Setting.
    5. Release Reboot Zero, have big events around it (maybe something similar to the Reboot Master Class where both worlds could benefit from leveling in Reboot) and release stuff like Zero cash sets and whatnot.
    6. Happy Days as all of Reboot can celebrate.
    Arch_Alyssamjgj96
  • Arch_AlyssaArch_Alyssa
    edited March 2018
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    I have an idea on how to assess what needs changing with Zero in reboot.
    1. Open PTS with a Reboot setting which includes: no scrolling except star force, no bonus potentials, HP increase on monsters, Passive Damage per level on players, higher drop rates, no trading (if necessary for the assessing)
    2. Add Zero into this Reboot setting AS IT STANDS. No modifications to the system it currently has.
    3. Get feedback on how Zero plays, its damage output, how the weapon system works (since that is the "BIG" issue) and what could be changed to allow it for play in full Reboot.
    4. Send awesome feedback to the Devs so adjustments can be made for a Reboot Setting.
    5. Release Reboot Zero, have big events around it (maybe something similar to the Reboot Master Class where both worlds could benefit from leveling in Reboot) and release stuff like Zero cash sets and whatnot.
    6. Happy Days as all of Reboot can celebrate.

Pretty good idea! I'm sure it can be done since it's not very time demanding for the devs
    edited March 2018
    why would they change how zero functions in reboot but not in other servers?

If anything, the best argument for Zero in reboot would be that we've reached a point in the game where progression can be done fast, meaning Zero's progression rate is essentially the same as any other class now with the right management of resources. All the changes that have been made to zero, prevent any power creep it used to have.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited March 2018
    Also...thank you ShinyRay on Maple Discord for this idea...but what about locking the tier ups on Zero weapon to Epic instead of Unique... :T
This discussion has been closed.