[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maple Achievement Points Dropped?

CrystalOraCrystalOra
Reactions: 3,135
edited January 2018 in Bug Reporting
I had over 1800 points yesterday and now I'm back down to 1670. It looks like the points I earned for events have been taken away. Has anyone else noticed this?

Comments

• FaytNightFaytNight
    Reactions: 640
    edited January 2018
    ?name=Maple+Correct+Achievements.jpg

I too am missing points. I did all 19 events for the 670 points and when they moved from event to memory I no longer got credit. I submitted a ticket about the issue and included this picture showing what I believe to be the issue. We get credit for our overall score from 8 major bars called General, Job, Adventure, Social, Item, Battle, Level Up, and Event. So when the 19 achievements were under event I had 19/19 for 100% and had 670 points added to my score, but when they moved to memory they no longer were added because there is no bar for memory. I think the simple fix is to add a 9th bar called memory and have it add to our score. Hopefully they address this issue as it took a lot of work doing some of those achievements and I never would of bothered with them if the points were not permanent
  • FaytNightFaytNight
    edited January 2018

AlexF wrote: »
    Heyo,

I will forward this!

Thank you for the detailed report.

Thanks! Hopefully they can address this with a future maintenance.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited January 2018
    please fix!!!!
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    FaytNight wrote: »
    AlexF wrote: »
    Heyo,

I will forward this!

Thank you for the detailed report.

Thanks! Hopefully they can address this with a future maintenance.

....jw, did AlexF actually say that on this post? Cause I don't see it on this thread and it just looks like you quoted it from a different thread...
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited January 2018
    It was here before...I saw it. Since when do the GM's erase their comments?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    AlexF left the VFM team and deleted all the posts he ever made on these forums.

I fear that the "Memory" achievements not counting is intended. But since the concern was forwarded, we'll hopefully get a definitive answer from Nexon.
    YinYangX
  • FaytNightFaytNight
    edited January 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    AlexF left the VFM team and deleted all the posts he ever made on these forums.

I fear that the "Memory" achievements not counting is intended. But since the concern was forwarded, we'll hopefully get a definitive answer from Nexon.

Obviously all events will eventually move to memory once no longer active so if they don't intend to count the memory section then stop attributing points to event achievements in the first place so people stop wasting their time. It makes no sense to offer achievements for events only to erase that progress towards your score weeks later. Hopefully they fix this or at the very least announce that event achievements will not be permanent additions to our score so we can stop wasting our time.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    FaytNight wrote: »

Obviously all events will eventually move to memory once no longer active so if they don't intend to count the memory section then stop attributing points to event achievements in the first place so people stop wasting their time. It makes no sense to offer achievements for events only to erase that progress towards your score weeks later. Hopefully they fix this or at the very least announce that event achievements will not be permanent additions to our score so we can stop wasting our time.

On the other hand, if event achievement points counted forever, then after a couple of years, old players would have very high totals that no new player could ever hope to catch up to.
    YinYangX
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited January 2018
    YinYangX wrote: »
    ....jw, did AlexF actually say that on this post? Cause I don't see it on this thread and it just looks like you quoted it from a different thread...

I can confirm it has been forwarded :)
    YinYangXInvulgo
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018

On the other hand, if event achievement points counted forever, then after a couple of years, old players would have very high totals that no new player could ever hope to catch up to.

Trueee...but on the other hand, until they retrospect the achievements to include achievements "completed" before the Maple Achievement, current old players are at a major disadvantage rn, right?
    (Given, yes, once retrospected, there'd be no problem. Just saying looking on the flip side, as the devil's advocate. >:) )
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited January 2018
    Thanks for the forward!
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    I wouldn't be surprised if this is intended. It seems like a legacy tab like other games have where it shows your no longer obtainable achievements but doesn't give you points for them because they're no longer obtainable.

We'll see what nexon decides though.