[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Is Evan worth sticking it out?

ShneeShnee
Reactions: 500
edited January 2018 in General Chat
Hello all. Made Evan my burning character for this event and i feel pretty uninspired compared to others ive seen/played. i'm not yet at the 4th advancement so wondering if he is worth sticking it out till then or should i move on.
If i should move on, who would you recommend. I have the samurai and Kensis and cannoneer.

Comments

• KingofrunesKingofrunes
    Reactions: 865
    edited January 2018
    Evan is useful mainly for one thing. Rune duration Link Skill. If you get it to level 120 at the very least and then leave it at that, not a bad idea. It's best to do burning on Evan to speed that up as much as possible if you want the most optimal training exp link combo.

As for what to do after that, that depends really on what link skills you need and what class you think will be fun. There's no right answer to which class is the most fun to play. That's something you'll have to find on your own as everyone has their own preferences on which classes they like the best. Watch a few videos on several classes though to get a good grasp on how they look.
    Shnee
  • LadysioLadysio
    Reactions: 1,725
    edited January 2018
    Evan is useful mainly for one thing. Rune duration Link Skill. If you get it to level 120 at the very least and then leave it at that, not a bad idea. It's best to do burning on Evan to speed that up as much as possible if you want the most optimal training exp link combo.

As for what to do after that, that depends really on what link skills you need and what class you think will be fun. There's no right answer to which class is the most fun to play. That's something you'll have to find on your own as everyone has their own preferences on which classes they like the best. Watch a few videos on several classes though to get a good grasp on how they look.

Yasssssss forget puny evan, eric was 20x stronger! and join me as the class that nexon,wizet,KMS, his mom,his dad,the player base and arwoo have forgotten...but i remember him and not as a dead meme! JETT!!!
    Shnee
  • WealthyBradWealthyBrad
    Reactions: 205
    edited January 2018
    Even is so boring and lame. Maybe if you were only the dragon. but even being there ruins it....the evan class
  • xPicturexPicture
    Reactions: 915
    edited January 2018
    I main an Evan. Some days I enjoy the class and some days I don't. If you aren't really feeling the class right now with all the fusion and combos and such, chances are that in the long run you'll probably get bored of the class.

Probably the most important issue with Evan is their mobility, or rather their lack of mobility. Although we do have an up-jump, teleport is such a hassle to deal with sometimes and I miss the ability of being able to glide on Mir while in combat and such.

Certainly stick with Evan if you want to get that link skill out of the way, since Rune duration does wonders. However, if you plan to progress even further with this burning character, then maybe watch a few videos about a class's 5th job skills to see the different variety of classes that you may enjoy.