[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Big Spender Event Reward Boxes

RafikiProxyRafikiProxy
Reactions: 410
edited January 2018 in Rants and Raves
Hello all, I'm going to try my best to keep this as formal as possible. I know I'm not the only person who feels as if they have been exploited by Nexon's tactics but I think it is absolutely necessary to address this issue (especially for those of you that play on the Reboot server entirely). For starters, I'm a player that works to earn his keep, just like many others within Reboot. Endless hours of grinding to essentially get good at what was promised to be "new" content that is locked behind even more hours of endless grinding (that of course, requires even better gear behind more endless hours of grinding). The Big Spender Event, more or less, was an incentive for me and hundreds of others to become stronger at what would have been an "easy" way to get stronger gear, end game gear if you will. The incentive Nexon gave out was to spend 110k nx and receive one random equip of the Tyrant and Fafnir set. This is important as within the event notes itself, no where does it state "class specific" gear. In other words, yes, even in Reboot, if you spent 110k nx and was expecting end game gear specifically for your class, you're in a crap shoot. Why Nexon made the loot entirely randomized and not class specific is beyond me, as the boxes were clearly made for normal servers. I feel that it would have been a better idea to at least keep the Reboot servers out of the event to avoid this kind of exploitation. However, yet again Nexon bends its own rules (or breaks them as you will). Why make a server that is entirely free to play, but allow that server to participate in a pay2win event doesn't make a lick of sense.

For those of you that are in the same boat as I am, I'm sorry you had to go through this same ordeal, but this is more than enough justification for me to move on to better mmo's out there that do not take advantage of its costumers, good day.