[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What it’s come to since V update

DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
Reactions: 8,980
edited January 2018 in Tech Support
Could be my graphics card or servers, or both

Just heard in the video you can hear my neighbors.

edit: I'll post a video of how it is in windia as well, this one is from reboot

Comments

• TransformingThunderTransformingThunder
    Reactions: 1,620
    edited January 2018
    Yeah that happens to me sometimes, but rarely is it that bad, but the fps drops I get are extremely constant now it's becoming a bother to play.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited January 2018
    For my case i started to lag a lot more in comparison to pre-v-patch, i used to take 3 or less seconds to change a map, now it's taking about 5~~7, it's really annyoing, clearing mobs is annoying and quest lag is something that i didn't had until v-patch, but now it's really annoying.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    edited January 2018
    This is the same in windia

• DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited January 2018
    Do you both happen to have potato PCs?
    edited January 2018
    DFDFD wrote: »

Both videos are me. My specs are within the system requirements. Except maybe the graphic card.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited January 2018
    Show us the specs if your rig potato and we will determine if its lag from the server or if your PC is weak.
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited January 2018
    while I don't lag this bad, I do have significant lag too. It's bad enough where even if maple is the only thing running, I still can't go all out or the lag will be too much. My laptop is designed for gaming and it is well within system requirements. It's a compatibility issue and the loot lag makes it worse.
  • TransformingThunderTransformingThunder
    Reactions: 1,620
    edited January 2018
    Arlong wrote: »
    while I don't lag this bad, I do have significant lag too. It's bad enough where even if maple is the only thing running, I still can't go all out or the lag will be too much. My laptop is designed for gaming and it is well within system requirements. It's a compatibility issue and the loot lag makes it worse.

Same, I have no problem running lets say paragon or black desert but maple on the other hand is having many issues.
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited January 2018

Both videos are me. My specs are within the system requirements. Except maybe the graphic card.

Keyword- except. You're having a graphics problem since you don't have the required graphic hardware. This isn't a problem on Nexon's end so there's nothing they can do to fix it.
    Time to buy a new GPU.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018

Keyword- except. You're having a graphics problem since you don't have the required graphic hardware. This isn't a problem on Nexon's end so there's nothing they can do to fix it.
    Time to buy a new GPU.

Lel doesnt matter which pc you have, the game is like moms sphaghetti and really badly optimized in some maps.
    Even people with gaming pcs have problems.
    My potato laptop can run games on medium without lag but the moment i enter maplestory the lag starts.
    I mean the games size is 10 gb.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018

Time to buy a new GPU.

Lel doesnt matter which pc you have, the game is like moms sphaghetti and really badly optimized in some maps.
    Even people with gaming pcs have problems.
    My potato laptop can run games on medium without lag but the moment i enter maplestory the lag starts.
    I mean the games size is 10 gb.
  • SparkleeSparklee
    Reactions: 2,630
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    I have lag issues in Vanishing Journey. Mainly Tranquil Erdas and Lantern Erdas. Now I've definitely not got the best pc, but it's in spec to what Maple requires. Seems to be the only bunch of maps where lag becomes an issue. Which makes dailies a damned nuisance to complete. But I've noticed a pattern. Always seems to happen with mobs that auto attack more than mobs that don't.
    edited January 2018
    It's the same in chuchu island, i even went to scrapyard and it is the same broken lag, also in twilight perion when I trained there on my 195 xenon, couldnt finish because of the lag and the d/c by the "GM Police" for "hacking" because of said lag.

Also happens just before twilight perion, in future henesy in the snails, slimes and pigs when I'm there on certain characters (NW, NL ) also happened on my wild hunter but i stuck through it and got it to 200. Didnt happen with my Demon Slayer though.
  • SayjinxSayjinx
    Reactions: 750
    edited January 2018
    i get the same thing, although i know my laptop needs more memory.
  • ThessarThessar
    Reactions: 510
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Doubt it's your graphics card, I play with my Blade Stealth just fine with it's internal Intel HD 520 Graphics.

Could be memory (due to memory leak?)

To reference, MS has lagged a lot worse when I had 4GBs of RAM.
    edited January 2018
    Thessar wrote: »
    Doubt it's your graphics card, I play with my Blade Stealth just fine with it's internal Intel HD 520 Graphics.

Yeah, I looked into the memory usage and it was pretty bad. So I have to agree with the issue being about memory.
  • ThessarThessar
    Reactions: 510
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018

Yeah, I looked into the memory usage and it was pretty bad. So I have to agree with the issue being about memory.

The "standard" is minimum 8GBs of RAM nowadays, be best to invest in a stick of 8 or two sticks of 4.
    Get some good quality RAM too, if anything... and don't mix and match different sticks so you minimize any possible compatibility issues.
    edited January 2018

The "standard" is minimum 8GBs of RAM nowadays, be best to invest in a stick of 8 or two sticks of 4.
    Get some good quality RAM too, if anything... and don't mix and match different sticks so you minimize any possible compatibility issues.

Im getting a good chunk of money this coming week, probably just get a new laptop since I dont have the space for a pc tower. (I sleep in the living room on a couch) no room for a desk. It'll either be alienware or if I do buy a pc Ill see what I can get.

thanks for the input
  • JacaruJacaru
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited January 2018
    It's not the PC, nubs.
    I lagged so much yesterday I couldn't grind.
    Could be the internet on my end though.