[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Scrapyard and Dark World Tree monster's exp

TomerBattleTomerBattle
Reactions: 100
edited January 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hi
I think Scrapyard and Dark World Tree can be good place for traning at lvls 205+
To my opinion there is no people traning there because of the low exp so it's better to train at arcan river places
I think there is no good reason why dont make those both place's exp equal to Arcane river monsters.

But if you give Scrapyard and Dark World Tree good exp it would damge aracne river no?
no - each place have is spacial drop
acrane river - symbols and nodes
Scrapyard and Dark World Tree - cores for wepons and stuff
so people still need to train at both places

I hope you can consider it =)

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited January 2018
    The trade off between arcane maps and scrapyard and dark world tree is the amount of damage needed to kill, also the fact that arcane maps require arcane force and they drop nodes and symbols. Scrapyard/dark world tree is an alternative for those that cannot yet do the arcane questline(s).

Similar to starforce maps and non starforce maps.
  • TomerBattleTomerBattle
    Reactions: 100
    edited January 2018
    The trade off between arcane maps and scrapyard and dark world tree is the amount of damage needed to kill, also the fact that arcane maps require arcane force and they drop nodes and symbols. Scrapyard/dark world tree is an alternative for those that cannot yet do the arcane questline(s).

i dont think you can train at scrapyard and dark world tree at lvl 190-195 at least at reboot... the monsters there lvls 205-230
    at those lvls you can already train at arcane mapes
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited January 2018
    The general rule of training is (if you can do the damage or take the hits) train 10 levels above you for the exp. Wouldnt go with the arcane maps because of the arcane force needed, but normal maps yeah.

In reboot it may be different, since mobs are stronger. 190-195 usually twilight perion is the place to go.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited January 2018
    Honestly, those areas should be lowered to level 200 - 209/210 or so. There's no reason to train there once you have access to Arcane River, especially Chu Chu Island. KMS should have made it that range instead of 210-219.
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018

i dont think you can train at scrapyard and dark world tree at lvl 190-195 at least at reboot... the monsters there lvls 205-230
    at those lvls you can already train at arcane mapes

They are getting reduced to 200-219 range but that is for a different matter in regards of 5th job portal being accessed without players having too much trouble tanking through mobs.

OT: Increasing the EXP wouldn't do much since Arcane River is already better in spawn and they also drop items like nodestones and symbols which makes scrapyard and dark world tree not very good to train at. I think KMS should of simply cut the range down to 190-200 on both areas just so it preps you for arcane river at 200+. 190-200 would make it like twilight perion range but more visible spots for lower levels to train at. It made no sense that 210-230 mobs would wonder around a area that is going to be easily replaced by Arcane River.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited January 2018

They are getting reduced to 200-219 range but that is for a different matter in regards of 5th job portal being accessed without players having too much trouble tanking through mobs.

OT: Increasing the EXP wouldn't do much since Arcane River is already better in spawn and they also drop items like nodestones and symbols which makes scrapyard and dark world tree not very good to train at. I think KMS should of simply cut the range down to 190-200 on both areas just so it preps you for arcane river at 200+. 190-200 would make it like twilight perion range but more visible spots for lower levels to train at. It made no sense that 210-230 mobs would wonder around a area that is going to be easily replaced by Arcane River.

That's why I suggest 209 max, since it's perfect for pre to early 5th job players, and could be an alternative to 19x training.