Most on this network would distinguish me as the most outgoing Mapler, and the biggest asset to hit this game since Fangblade. Firstly, I would like to express how I am very excited and ready to be your new VFM. Everyone on the platform, including my close friends and family, are well aware that I love maple. I love the game so much it is not even funny. I been doing the longest period of time, practically forever, and I strongly believe that it is time to take it up to the next level and run for VFM. So I will simply cut to the chase, and attack the first part of the application.
A brief description of why you'd like to become a VFM.
I am a Mapler who plays the game on a daily basis helping my guild and close friends socializing, and getting the meet people in my respected servers. Most would automatically know me from my Kaiser either saying "hey it's that guy who talks with all caps" or" my bishop who everyone sees on YouTube or discord". I am arguably super active, and I contribute immensely to my communities in my respected servers. Mostly “khaini(khroa". Since merge, I had hosted my usual server Ursus raids, and managed my guild as best I could while its new environment. My main reasons for wanting to become a vfm is because I'm always either managing, or a part of groups, and feel that I have many ideas that can help make it run smoother and efficient. I see how the forums and discords is run professionally, and I hope to bring the same energy and professionalism to this role. I am always innovative in providing novel ideas, but most of the time I am suggested to send emails instead. I feel if I have a role in which I possess the influence to help the community and my servers directly, it would bring a lot of people to the game. My main goal is to improve the culture, and bring new positive energy to the game.
What do you hope to accomplish as a VFM??
I have mentioned some of my goals above, but I would like to go into further detail. I want to first be more involve with the community and get to know more people. I know the role is mainly targeted to the reboot server but my goal is to not only be active in helping the reboot server but others as well. As each server has their own culture, own style, and social groups I want to get to know most of them and be more familiar with it I know from the last world transfer event most people had switch servers and some even underwent a level of culture shock due to meeting different kind of people with different culture in their servers. I want to bring what I done in khroa to the most servers. Having most people get to know each server culture, getting to know some of them. Also getting to know the people who you never see. I know a lot of us only see big streamers and only recognize high profile individuals, my goal is to find ways of everyone being able to show off their unique greatness or talents. I also want to fix direct problems with the servers such as some programming as some stuff in the game are glitch. I want to also fix the hacker and ksing problems in the servers maybe find a way to get more chs or a way for people to train without being harassed or ks'ed. My main goal is overall to help stabilized the community and bring what I done in game and out to the team.
Do you have any experience moderating for other communities?
If you talking nexon forum communities I haven't participated in leading or moderating any of sort. I have lead my server in khroa raid parties such as ursus, lotus and Damien parties. I have also run a guild in my server for 3 years and within that time I also lead 10 successful alliances as alliance leader. I also like to note that my alliance in khroa was the only multi lingual and cultural alliance in khroa where we had French, Spanish, English, Creole, and Korean speaking or background members within our group. Our alliances or guild always welcomes diversity to its fullest and demonstrated it with its long track record. During those times I would be put in charge for most functions or raids due to my track record. Real life experience I help run most to all clubs in school, being in charge of managing students and contacting and sorting issues or events if it were to occur. I was in my school MSG varsity as a news reporter and editor as I had to take care of getting people together and making reports on all activities on school grounds (was easy cause I was in mostly all the clubs). I also held a position on a radio station where I was in charge of running and hosting show at the station. I also had a part time as a performing secretary where some times as I am a certified stage combatant would act as a heel for some show cases. As you see most communities inside and out I demonstrated excellences and had been put in my positions not due to anyone favoring me or putting me there just to put me there, but because I was competent and best person for the job. I can probably be considered over qualified due to me being involve in most communities projects.
Regarding the expectations:
18 Years or older. - I am.
Must be active and on the official Maple Story forums & Discord. - I am.
No history of using exploits or illegitimate programs. - I'm a legit player
Moderate and participate on the Maple community forums &Discord. - Of course
Be courteous and kind towards other forum members. - I over dose on kindness
Uphold the Forum Code of Conduct and enforce the rules fairly. Yea I got that covered
Assist planning ideas for creative and fun contests. - I'm creative genius I got you
Provide a helping hand on community temperature reports. - I do the best I can
Must be levelheaded when addressing difficult situations. - Yea I don't let little things bother me
Must possess excellent written and communication skills. - Definitely do
Value providing constructive suggestions & feedback - I'm honest and can do that
Must not be a supporter of the Black Mage. - I will say as a anti hero we will see
Must be in REBOOT or have a strong understanding of the server's unique setting – I have characters there and a lot of friends so I definitely have a good idea how it works.
Here is my Riza plan "Vision for 2019" This plan will tackle some of the issues I notice which I will definitely attack right away as well as make a layout of my intentions for those who don't know me or want to get a feel of what I plan to do.
When I get the position I wish to:
• Push nexon to make more events or include more side bosses and quest to keep game interesting.
• Only do big events or world transfer during non school periods.(world transfer was a big issue cause no one was around a lot of groups and friendships were severed).
• Fix most problems for not a selective few players but for all players.
• Find alternative ways for people (targeted towards younger players) to fund themselves without cash if don't have job or parents to buy.
• Have more in game activities for people who aren't bossers to stay interesting like more min games.
• Implement something like star world that will keep the non fighters happy.
• Reinstate pvp so with set damage that you can use your own character like the old days. (This was a fan favorite if people don't want to pvp its ok just don't click on it)
• In game free nx or ways to earn it through gm events.
• Pvp Guild tournaments with mini games and fight matches(with set damage to keep game fair for all similar to ursus). (If anyone watch fairy tail grand magic tournament if damages were set and had mini games which everyone can play for the tournaments' it would bring more team and party related feel back to the game with friendly competition and guild pride)
• Increase guild and alliance limits as well as add more channel's. ( this will eliminate a lot of the big issues i notice revolving this issue). This will also eliminate ks'ing as a whole, unless the people are jerks.
• In game gm patrol for hackers or bots. (I had always wanted to get this in but with me being in the team I can bring it up).
• Monthly surveys or recommendations.
• Party quest story lines (Have more quest where you can co op with friends).
• In game chatting.
• More town attacks specifically Henesys. (would love for there to be random town attacks)
• Fix as many errors that occur in all the servers as we can.
• More bosses with ursus game feel. ( I notice in khroa and reboot ursus brings communities together and helps people have a competitive but friendly time we need more bosses which needs team work and party play.
• Have peer reviews from communities to check progress.
• Help reboot get the right drop rates and fix most of the in game issues.
• Have a way to have people directly contact the staff to recommend themes or new ideas.
• Try to get the team to program in a auto translator in game. ( I always use Google translators to communicate with non English speaking players but I think the game and company should be capable of this).
• I plan on making themes for the months like heritage months to do nexon sales and explore diversity a little more.
• I will find ways to use everyone's strengths and find parts for everyone to make maple great again, like the late great John Fitzgerald Kennedy said in his famous and amazing words "ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." I will say worlds of the same worlds, but more amazingly cause I'm Riza "Ask not what Nexon and the maple committee can do for you, ask what you can do for the community and maple as a whole".
• Texting or a sort of notification app that lets you know all events or things if you can't get on game. (Alternative ways besides website is always a plus).
• Defend Nexon when players aren't being treated well or overlook when issues occur.
• Allow unhealthy or toxic play environments for community and staff.
• Breaking rules or using my power to cause harm to others in community even those I don't like.
• Participate in Flame wars or shouting matches with anyone. (I most likely would ignore you while you're not bringing any ideas but negativity).
• Exploit or use my power to steal or any of the sort.
• PLAINLY WILL NOT ABUSE MY POWERS.
• To only help a selective group of people and overlook others.
• Let language barriers stop me from helping people ( in past I seen a lot of people who spoke any language from English were always overlook in the game you won't get that from me even if I have to use a translator I will make sure to help you as best as I can).
• Keep quite if I think something doesn't promote or benefit the community that's why I'm here.
• Allow anyone to be mistreated.
• To hold back my resources and ideas that can help the community.
• Let maple die out.
• Let the black mage take over maple world.
As I noted before I have a lot of skills that can definitely be of asset to nexon. I know a lot of the community may have their feelings of me. I note as I host most my raids even if I had a problem with someone if they arrive to the room first they were in, regardless of mix feelings. I feel that professionalism and character will definitely help me succeed in this role. Also as I am currently studying in getting my bachelors in communications and minor in computer information system I feel as the year goes on I will gain new skills to bring to the team. What you are looking for is a person with a track record of success which I have. Also someone who's involve in their communities and understand people. You need someone who's open to help all people and not certain individuals. As my groups is open to anyone and had no barriers such as language, sex, status, or any of the above. You also need a winner on the team someone whose willing to fight for you and your server. Most would know I fight for my teams whichever one I'm on. I have fought to win for my debate team, dance team, soccer and writing. I will hope most would consider me to be the next VFM, and consider my skills to bring to this team.