[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Arcane Symbol Farming in Reboot

NatedoggjrNatedoggjr
Reactions: 350
edited January 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Dear Nexon,

Please increase the rate which we acquire symbols via hunting monsters.

There is ultimately no reason for us to be gated by whether or not we can complete a specific daily quest.

Most individuals will typically hunt monsters in their level range and never go back to maps below them (due to restrictions on drops/meso) but should have the option to if it's available for the sake of working on other content.

Increasing the drop rate of symbols may also incentivize individuals to hunt monsters in the newer maps. Currently, with how insignificant symbols seem to appear, I know very few people who have actually considered going to Morass to start working on that symbol. Don't even get me started on the impossible map layouts.

Nothing can really compare to Cavern Lower Path and this should be taken into consideration when designing newer map layouts. High density mobs in congested small set maps. Sure, some classes have proven to utilize the maps better than others but because of the above reasons, every class has tried to make it work regardless of whether or not it's efficient. Hopefully this information gets to the right channels.

To go back to the original reason for this thread. Between levels 210 - 223 I've probably found 3-5 Chu Chu symbols for hunting monsters in the Chu Chu maps. This character has no drop rate equipment. Regardless of exp rates, I have probably spent upward of 30+ hours in this area and to know once I'm within arcane force range to leave for the next area, I'm leaving and not looking back. To know that there's no means of symbol progression through regular hunting methods is very inconvenient.

Is it satisfactory that we only get a set amount of symbols on a daily basis?
Is there any reason why it is setup this way?

I hope there's more discussion about this topic since there's nothing about drop rate or meso farming being discussed anymore although they are still relevant issues on the server.

Comments

• JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    they're supposed to be looking into this for a long time now. Not just for reboot, all worlds have severely less arcane symbol rates than before the drop nerf.

An update would be good from the transparent nexon.