[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nexon Earned $279Million in 2017!!!!!

cheezburger85cheezburger85
Reactions: 1,190
edited February 2018 in Off-Topic Discussion
Check this out.

https://imgur.com/a/Ek4wT

In 2017, MapleStory (Globally, all of them, including KMS of course) earned US 279 million. Heck, even $70 million alone would be huge profits.

Probably 80% of that comes from Asia: Japan, Korea, Taiwan where they have a very strong anti-hack shields, professional employees (as we know, Korea and Japan value professionalism).

KMS and JMS are still massively popular in Korea and Japan.

The issue are the staff hired on the NA version, they never communicate with their customers, they have more than enough money to put up a state-of-the-art hackshield that would kill any attempt of hacking, and they could also have at least 2 GMs on roulette online on each server at any given time.

If GMS had the same service as Korea and Japan, and put some more into advertisement, I think Nexon would have earned even more as the West is the largest market on earth in terms of capita per person.

Basically, the main problem in the game are the botters and hackers who bottin 24/7 farming mesos in order to sell it on their mesos site sales, so if anyone is telling you the opposite then he is 100% wrong, he might say a lot of reasons as to "why he is right" but in fact he's absolutely wrong.

There is no such a thing as "look, this is my opinion, and what you said is your opinion", no this isn't about opinions but about facts and only 1 of us could be right, which is us of course.

Also keep in mind, Nexon made that much money by MapleStory alone (they have a LOT more games)

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited February 2018
    279 is from maplestory alone.
  • cheezburger85cheezburger85
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited February 2018
    279 is from maplestory alone.

I didn't really think of it, thanks.
  • BunnyWriterBunnyWriter
    Reactions: 1,485
    edited February 2018
    Pitiful Nexon NA :/
    as always it's the costumer who gets punished for a company that wants to make a quick-buck.
  • NakazatoJLNakazatoJL
    Reactions: 1,505
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    Have you ever took a look at Nexon's investment report? NA Represents less than 10% of their profit, being China the greatest (something like 40%), then Korea, they don't put much more money on GMS cause they don't want to suck other maples for making GMS better, that's why they closed EMS.
    Better thing in my opnion would be to make single client with server/region selection (like GMS with NA/EU, but for all regions)
    DarkPassengerHolyWatersManiOhpovertyline
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    thats maplestory (all regions i belive)
    maplestory NA its in lose or so
    you can find full report
    https://ir.nexon.co.jp/en/library/pdf/20171110_2.pdf

they dont share the profit hence why they closed EMS and now in process of closeing nexon eu office ( if not allready closed)
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited February 2018
    ManiOh wrote: »
    thats maplestory (all regions i belive)
    maplestory NA its in lose or so
    you can find full report
    https://ir.nexon.co.jp/en/library/pdf/20171110_2.pdf

they dont share the profit hence why they closed EMS and now in process of closeing nexon eu office ( if not allready closed)

explains a lot why they sold publishing rights to combat arms.