[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Game Freezes when selecting character

MeowysMeowys
Reactions: 100
in Tech Support
My game is almost always freezing with a black screen like this - https://i.imgur.com/TJzweYL.png

It happens after i log in with a character, with both the Nexon Launcher, and Steam Versions of the game.

Sometimes after multiple reboots of the PC it works fine.

I am running Windows 10, have updated my drivers, reinstalled the game multiple times, formatted the PC, closed all background programs, installed a gamepad driver, and tried every other solution avialable on the forum

Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• StevenIMPACTStevenIMPACT
    Reactions: 400
    edited March 2018
    I have contacted support about this very issue and all the "fixes" they threw at me didn't work at all.
    For me the game never runs fine, it always crashes after I log onto the character, freezes up and stops working.

Even a factory reset on my PC didn't fix this.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Is it only a specific character with the issue, or all your characters?
    edited March 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    Is it only a specific character with the issue, or all your characters?

For me it's all of my Characters, if you can check support tickets, refer to #607528 and #607825.
  • helsladehelslade
    i got the same problem when i finish to choose my character there is a black screen, the sound is here but no images
    edited March 2018
    helslade wrote: »
    i got the same problem when i finish to choose my character there is a black screen, the sound is here but no images

And by then you can temporarely unfreeze the game with CTRL+ALT+Del and then pressing enter, only works for 3 seconds...