[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maplestory Isn't Launching - Windows 10

ArchdukeGordyArchdukeGordy
in Tech Support
I'm trying to get MapleStory working on my sister's brand new Windows 10 computer. The issue that happens is that after pressing "PLAY" on the Nexon Launcher, the Nexon Security icon appears in the corner, the screen resolution changes, and then 30 seconds pass before either the "Maplestory has stopped working" error message appears or the screen resolution returns to normal and nothing happens.

I've tried to tackle this issue in many ways, including:
- I downloaded and installed the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable update 2015 (x86 version) as recommended in the pinned post
- I tried running as administrator
- I tried running through configuration mode in Windows 7 and 8
- made sure Maplestory was whitelisted on my antivirus software
- I uninstalled/reinstalled Maplestory (it was originally downloaded from Steam, but then I downloaded it directly from the Nexon website)
- Tried launching from the GameLauncher, got an error message that read "Failed to execute the game. Please check the installation."
- Made sure Windows software was up to date
- Restarting the computer

This reddit thread discusses the exact issue I have, and the OP came to the conclusion that his dedicated video ram was the source of the problem because it requires a minimum of 256mb. I don't know where he got that bit of information, but my sister's computer has a dedicated video ram of 128mb.

Computer specs:
- Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0 GHz
- Memory: 8 G
- Hard Drive: 1 TB
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 630 (Integrated)
- Sound: Intel Display Audio, RealTek High Definition Audio
- Network: Integrated LAN 10/100/1000, Wireless LAN + Bluetooth
- Dedicated video ram: 128 mb

Comments

• MagentaBraveMagentaBrave
    Reactions: 100
    I am having the same issue, have you found a solution?
  • Kublai_Khan64Kublai_Khan64
    Reactions: 100
    I'm having the same issue except on a newer laptop with a dedicated video card, and so did my brothers roommate when we tried to get her gaming laptop to run it (to a lesser degree)