[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Spirit Savior Guide

IvangoldIvangold
Reactions: 2,985
edited December 2018 in Game Guides
Spirit Savior is a solo quest to save spirits, it's the dailiye of Arcana where you get symbols, with 3 minutes it will depend on your skill to move and control your character and class, beying able to enter 3 times a day you won't always need to enter all 3 unlike other dailiyes quests for arcane symbols.

Here's a map that you can find in google as well, it shows very well the map of the quest/dailie.
spirit-saviour-map.png

You talk to this NPC in Arcana:
VNOGAso.png

So as saied before you have to save spirtis in other to get the symbols, in this quest you will get more points the more spirits you save and the more points you get the more symbols you eventually get, in this case points are converted into coins that you use to buy symbols from the NPC, just like Dream Defender.

ufUiNUO.png

As seen in the image you can trade 3 coin for 1 symbol, the maximum you can get in one day is 30 coins or get 30k points total of all 3 runs saving spirits, but remember you can't get coins of values that aren't a full thousand, like in this image:

FLh4TMa.png

That means you get 10coins at maximum everyday, so if you already got 30coins in 2 runs you don't need to do a third one.

Remember that if you can go in higher level citys in Arcane river means you can get ''free runs'', it will use the best record of the day and give you the same amount of coins, so going up to Morass(230+) you gain one extra and 2 if you can go to Esfera(235+); if you are lv230~~234 and can't go to Esfera you can clear once, enter the second run and leave(retreat) immediately after to just get the extra run(for some reason it only gives you at the last attempt).
DZaeOUO.png

In this quest you will have to break the imprisoned spirits and get them to you, here is how they will usually be when imprisoned:
cphMVdw.png

Remember to use NPC chat/Harvest once they are free, it says space in the image, but it's npc chat.
bujJqFJ.png.

You can save up to 5 of them at once, the more you save the more points you will get at once, so you will have to go back at the start, over here in the map:
BFqDQIm.png
sOZc1M9.png

The more you gather at once the more points you will get(remember max of 5 each time):
1= 200 points
2= 500 points
3= 1000 points
4= 1500 points
5= 2500 points

Here's where they spawn, all platforms/ground:

PB0msfl.png

Remember you character will spawn in the middle of the map:
iYuoPfl.png

So, you will have 3 minutes and you can also see defense and points, points as sayed gives the coins, and defense will determine if you can still stay in the quest or not:
Zu4QwaF.png

If you take damage the defense will decrease, there are two types of enemys that can decrease it:

Toxic Spirit: PaXJLjj.png and these Orbs: KpydRRl.png

The orbs take maybe around 5% of your defense and walks randomly around the map, as time progresses more will appear.

Toxic Spirit however is one of the difficulties of this quest, he will chase you as you start to free spirits, he grows the more spirits you save even if you don't catch em, if he touches you he will take the spirits you are carrying and part of your defense(the bigger/more spirits free the more he will take, up to 50% if you free 5 spirits):
7JTXJB5.png

One thing you can abuse is whenever you free a spirit the Toxic Spirit will stop following you to grown, that way you can gain invencibility and pass through him, it lasts about 2 seconds, it will happen like in the image bellow:

Note: No invencibility works against him so this is the only free chance you will have to stoping him or not taking daming from him.
XvYkNGZ.png

He will also have the red dot in the map, but since he flyes it's easy to spot him in the minimap:
PCLCyHZ.png

One thing you can use as reference is whenever the NPC talks when the Toxic Spirit is at max strenght, so you already have 5 saved(normaly):
prlf9Od.png

Here you can see where i gathered some points and lost defense as the time passed because of Orbs and maybe Toxic Spirit as well.
MYFdsCy.png

After knowing the dangers and what to do you have to be quick and make a plan so you can get 30k points in all 3 runs or less, this vary a lot by class, so it's not something universal on how you will do, but most classed end up similar since almost all have flash jump.

Note: I need remark how crucial Hook/Rope Lift is important in here to move, so if you are not a Angelic Buster or Kaiser the ideal is to use it when you need to in higher platforms.

In the map you will manly use these trampolines that i marked where they will propel you, the portals circulated in green will spawn in diferent places, not sure how extactly to control them:
y0mFxmc.jpg

Here are the ones you will use the most:
oE2CnRV.png

Remember to expand the map in this buttom, that way you can see better the map and do much better routes overall:
ffO2A27.png

If you want to save time expanding it, remember you can have your mouse on the word D of the WORD MAP, then when you enter you can just right click once and it will expand without losing more than 1 second!
nNJ6Z1g.png

An example:

In this map above i made a way:
cyq3cTt.png

Remember only 4 spawn at once, so i still need to see where the 5th will appear to get more points, luckily he appeared close to the checkpoint/save point, so i just finish the way i was already doing:
iFyHz6s.png

Note: REMEMBER that whenever you save a spirit other will spawn on the oposite way of the map, that way you can go to one side just to make it spawn on the other side of the map.

(notice the spirits closer to the check point are a bit diferent, this image was made before they changed their position)

Overall that's it, the best way to learn after knowing the basics is experience and watching other people do things/paths that you didn't know, or just a skill that you weren't using of your class, i will try to post some videos here.

Also, this quest is something that can really push you, you will need to rush more and more where every second you need to be moving if you want to get high value of points, it's not really simple.

Comments

• thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited April 2018
    Well it's purely RNG where the spirits appear. This is a perfect example here:

Need to remark you should resize Mini Map at every runs so you can see the whole map like I did.

EDIT: Actually I have finally got 22.5k, first Hero player hitting this score on Friday April 6th, just before saturday reset:

YinYangXNicode