[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[FEEDBACK] Mechanical Hearts V2 (2018)

KhongiKhongi
Reactions: 2,140
edited February 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hey there nexon.

Having participated in 2017 and now 2018 I just wanted to give a tiny bit of constructive criticism on the Mechanical Hearts V2 (2018).

Firstly I see you fixed the bug where players fell through the floor at the doors, that was appreciated this year as I had several characters unable to participate because of that in 2017, also the new save check points were also a welcome addition, however, you need to focus on the top level, level 1 as that has let this event down, well for me it did because it changed this event from a event based on JQ skill to a boring game of luck.

This criticism is all about observations I made n the lobby level (lvl1) :
  • The guards after the first gate are more OP this year.
    Once you clear the first gate the security guards look to be over-powered, they hit 3 times in a row knocking the player back (so when they fire you can't reach them to attack) and those hits hit much harder then the security guards on any other level, having 3-5 of them doing this at once makes it near impossible to get a hit in especially when they go out of sync and two fire the three hits then the other two fire ... making it impossible to get to them to fight due to the knock back feature (besides you don't last long anyway due to the OP nature of the hits) please consider either removing the knock-back so we have a chance to hit them or lower their attack power to the same as the guards on the other levels.
  • This year some attacks on lvl1 miss
    When you can attack a pack of guards on lvl1 I'm finding, only with these group of guards at the end, 1 out of 3-4 hits miss these guards, so when you're spamming attack you hit them but there is zero damage, another imbalance on a handful of characters I'm able to buff up before the lobby level (in the staircase) so my hits kill them in one hit but most of the time, even with buffs, it'll take 2-3 hits to kill one guard, when they have a knock back feature, are OP and some of your attacks miss.... ... ... it's not pleasant nor fun. Sometimes RNG is lucky and you get a run where all attacks hits.
  • The RNG keys sequence to break the gate barriers are worse this time round.
    Last year you would find, for example, the left-right combo only appear once a gate (once a run), however this year I have experienced the left-right combo on all gates and sometimes in a row, the last two gates had nothing but that combo back to back... normally not a massive issue in the past but since the security guards attacks are more OP this time round you die over and over again.

I do enjoy this event however having over-powered mobs and poor RNG on the combo keys turns this game of skill into a boring game of RNG luck (waiting to get a run where you can get a pack of mobs which don't go out of sequence when fighting so you can reach them to attack, your attacks all hit and you don't have time slow key combos on the gates kind of luck) and that's not what this event was about, it was about mastering the JQ, not spending 2-3hrs waiting on a lucky RNG run on the last level.

If you are going to bring this back for another year please test this final level (on a bunch of different jobs) and considering fixing some of the issues raised please because it's now only part skill with the rest relying on luck and sometimes a lucky break is 2-3hrs away which makes this event less fun then last year.

thanks.

Comments

• LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    I can agree with you there. If anything, the problem is, GMS has you doing 3 inputs while Msea has you doing 1 input to unlock the gates. It doesn't help that guards now have ability to summon the moment you start the minigame gates.

If anything to improve this floor, my thoughts would been:
    1. Making the inputs only once instead of 3 times at the gates.
    2. Allow the <- -> to only appear once throughout the floor.
    3. Remove the iframe attack ignore on the guards so they don't repeatedly knock you back. (or give stance to the floor).
    4. Remove the ending animation of you breaking the gate so it saves you time to keep running after each gate.
  • KhongiKhongi
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited February 2018
    Agree.

Another issue is the false wall that appears after you break a gate. When you break a gate you can't just run through, a invisible block happens which you need to jump over, however, if guards have reached you by that stage and start to fire (triggering the knock backs) you can't actually jump over this invisible block and your character just gets knocked over and over into until death. A nice solution to this is again removing the knock back or removing the invisible barrier you need to jump over after you break a gate.
  • azzacuraazzacura
    Reactions: 765
    edited February 2018
    it took me about 10-15 tries to get past the gates. After a while I just gave up trying to hit the guards due to the knockback.
    I got the <--> sequence about 50% of the time. No joke. I had 3 runs in a row that went like this:
    first gate: press alt
    second gate: <---> and space
    third gate: <---> space <---> and then I would die because of the invisible wall and 20 agents shooting at me.

A guildmate gave me some useful advise: Use the numpad arrow keys together with regular arrow keys! It helps you speed up the process and you can even survive 3 <--> sequences this way

I don't mind having several sequences at every gate, as it helps create the setting of needing to escape asap with the agents getting closer and closer. But please allow <---> to only show up once or twice max per run! And please remove the invisible wall after each barrier.... The amount of times I would call my android slurs because I couldn't get it to jump over the invisible wall was extraordinary.