[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

So I have a wierd problem

ThotRadioThotRadio
Reactions: 100
edited February 2018 in Tech Support
Nexon launcher says play on the game, but when I click it, nothing loads. When I click it again, it gives me a notification that the game is already in use. I've tried multiple things from trying to uninstall the game, which in fact doesn't allow me to unless I restart my computer and then open Nexon Launcher, uninstalling the launcher, restarting my computer and then doing the things above. The only thing that worked was me restarting my computer and then uninstalling the game and then redownloading it, but its such and pain in the ass that I don't want to keep doing it. Someone give me a simple solution that will allow me to play my childhood game from 10 years ago.

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2018
    It sounds like the game is being blocked by something on your computer. The best advice I can give is to:
    • Double-check your firewall and make sure the game is allowed
    • Close any instance the game is running via task manager (CTRL+ALT+DELETE and end any Maplestory task), if one is running
    • Exit out of the launcher completely (near your computer's clock should be a little upward-facing arrow that looks like ^ , click it and locate the Nexon Launcher icon, then right click->"Exit", if it's not there I'd need to know what OS you're using to double-check)
    • Run the launcher as an administrator (Right click on the application->"Run as Administrator". If you don't have admin access on your computer enabled by default you'll need to input your computer's password)

Try also repairing the game's installation:
    • In the launcher, find Maplestory
    • Above the play button should be a little gear icon. Click it.
    • Click "Repair Installation"

It's not the best advice, but that's one possible solution.
  • ThotRadioThotRadio
    edited February 2018
    I have my firewall turned off and I've checked the the task manager as well. I have completely closed the launcher and I have run the launcher on admin too, but none of it worked. Also, I can't repair the installation because it has the same problem with when I try to uninstall it.
  • ThotRadioThotRadio
    edited March 2018
    The problem is still persisting. I need help!
  • TasketoTasketo
    edited March 2018
    try to close the game and all the launcher files from task manager (end process) , when they r completely closed open the launcher again and repair installation . It should work then