[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Server Migration, World Transfers

SpeedyCardsSpeedyCards
Reactions: 100
edited February 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I understand that server transfers are a tedious process, and I'm sure there are many hidden factors behind them.

I wish transfer events were available more often, (such as Cash Event Transfers), maybe there is some compromise to be made here?

I don't mind being charged for transfers, charging for transfers, signing up the characters you want transferred, and then processing them by the end of the month? (for example).

I was not around for the last server transfer (military) and as a result, all my friends/guild members are now in a entirely different server, while I'm left alone in a empty shell of what it used to be.

I have so much time, effort and funds on my main characters, I miss my friends.

I tried starting over recently, but the motivation is just not there, I miss my main character, all my NX equips, my gear, my assets, my range.

I can't get myself to play the game anymore, all the work put into skill links, all the money I spent on cubes, my chair collection, all the eyes/hairs iv saved up over the years, I just can't do it, it's not fun to play on my main without my friends, and it's extremely depressing to start over fresh.

Comments

• TrystarrTrystarr
    Reactions: 1,450
    edited February 2018
    Join a new guild. Same thing happened to me and my mains server. I just wasn't around for the event. There are plenty of cool maplers for you to meet though and you can always switch when the next transfer/merge happens.

I definitely agree some change needs to be made about the current server situation. My server is nearly dead rn and most other servers are as well, there is no moderation with the population:/ However in the mean time just having an active guild with a solid alliance makes the server seem busier than it is.
  • NicholasBNicholasB
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited February 2018
    I understand that server transfers are a tedious process, and I'm sure there are many hidden factors behind them.

I wish transfer events were available more often, (such as Cash Event Transfers), maybe there is some compromise to be made here?

I don't mind being charged for transfers, charging for transfers, signing up the characters you want transferred, and then processing them by the end of the month? (for example).

I was not around for the last server transfer (military) and as a result, all my friends/guild members are now in a entirely different server, while I'm left alone in a empty shell of what it used to be.

I have so much time, effort and funds on my main characters, I miss my friends.

I tried starting over recently, but the motivation is just not there, I miss my main character, all my NX equips, my gear, my assets, my range.

I can't get myself to play the game anymore, all the work put into skill links, all the money I spent on cubes, my chair collection, all the eyes/hairs iv saved up over the years, I just can't do it, it's not fun to play on my main without my friends, and it's extremely depressing to start over fresh.

Just give up already, Nexon will never listen to you (us) and will NEVER do as you wish (even if they will, it'll take at least 1 year).

The best thing you can do is giving up and stop trying.