[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Spell Trace Fever Time FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!

LinksMissingLinksMissing
Reactions: 735
edited February 2018 in General Chat
Every. Single. Time. they do this event the post always includes the phrase "While Spell Trace Fever Time is active, all Spell Traces used on your equips have increased rates of success!". To reiterate, "all Spell Traces used on your equips have increased rates of success!". One more time, for those in the back, "all Spell Traces used". Directly below this, there is always a table that only shows success rate increases for 15, 30, and 70 percent scrolls. Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm not), but wouldn't "all Spell Traces used" include the 5% scrolls as well? Like the 5% clean slate scrolls? I've saved tons and tons and tons of spell traces for fever time and can assure you, my success rate is no higher than 5%. I have chatted with GM's about this, but they never have any idea how, or even *IF* 5% scrolls are effected during fever time. This is the very definition of FALSE ADVERTISEMENT, and yet another example of how Nexon does not care about their players, the quality of the products they put out, or being honest.

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2018
    The message was made before the CSS and Innocence scrolls were added to the Spell Trace system.

They are affected by the increase, from what I can tell.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    Is there official confirmation that the rate is increased (or even what the rate is increased to), or is it all player speculation? I'm wondering why Nexon still hasn't outright said "Spell Trace CSS get boosted to 10% during Fever Time".

FTR, as far as I can tell, it does get increased. Though I get the same strings of bad luck.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2018
    Fennekin wrote: »
    Is there official confirmation that the rate is increased (or even what the rate is increased to), or is it all player speculation? I'm wondering why Nexon still hasn't outright said "Spell Trace CSS get boosted to 10% during Fever Time".

FTR, as far as I can tell, it does get increased. Though I get the same strings of bad luck.

It is confirmed and rates were released in KMS.
    https://orangemushroom.net/2015/12/21/kms-ver-1-2-250-heroes-of-maple-blaster/
    You can now create Innocent Scrolls and Clean Slate Scrolls using Scroll Traces.

30% Innocent Scroll – 5000 Scroll Traces
    5% Clean Slate Scroll – 2000 Scroll Traces
    Note that if you use Scroll Traces for these two types of scrolls, they will not receive the effects of your Craft level, guild skills, or Lucky Day Scrolls. However, they will receive the effects of Scroll Trace Fever Times.
    Fever Time will take place every Sunday for 24 hours. During this time, the success rate of all Scroll Trace scrolls will be increased. (5%→10% / 15%→30% / 30%→45% / 70%→95% / 100%→no change)

GMS rates were officially announced for 15%, 30%, and 70% scrolls, and they are identical:
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/28325/spell-trace-fever-time-february-24-25
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    in my personal record CSS/inno with spelltrace works at higher rate then the one from eliteboss/eventshop
    about the one from event shop
    i have noticed that fails far more then anyother source

but who knows can be riged or just RNG

ps:
    its from my long period of time useing this things not just last fever event or so
    i hear from friends that some has more luck in eventshops/eliteboss etc etc
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited February 2018
    spell trace CSS go from 5% to 10%

if you have used reg 10% CSS's you will know how hard it is to get them to succeed, it's the same way spell trace side.

GMS team is too lazy to make an updated chart that includes CSS even though every other version has an up to date chart that includes the CSS rate change and innocent scroll rate change.

for future reference use this chart from JMS, or a chart from KMS if things change

f7CgWJr.png
    the first 4 are obvious
    last 2 are innocent scroll and Clean slate

and the support team know next to nothing about the game and dont have much ability out side of copy paste.

asking them for help outside of getting a bug fixed, may as well talk to a tree.
    DarkPassenger
  • PigabaPigaba
    Reactions: 1,105
    edited February 2018
    Neospector wrote: »
    The message was made before the CSS and Innocence scrolls were added to the Spell Trace system.

LOL XD. CSS and Innocent scrolls were added to the ST system long ass time ago. Since then, you guys haven't even bothered to update the fever time event statement?? A trained monkey can update that percentage table in less than half an hour. Oh man, you guys never fail to disappoint huh?