[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Possible Fixes for IP Issues

BunnySakiBunnySaki
Reactions: 1,185
edited March 2018 in Tech Support
So for some reason I cannot play this game without a VPN. When I try to play without it, a error message about the game being in maintenance, banned ip or unstable internet connection or it just crashes. I know for sure about that the other two are not true but IP being banned on a university wifi? Is there a possible fix for this or am I doomed?

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    What country are you in?

It's possible that someone once hacked from that university, and Nexon decided to block their IP.
    It's also possible that it's the university's firewall blocking the game servers, rather than the other way 'round.

Try talking to Nexon's live support and to whoever's in charge of the university's net, to see which side is blocking which.
  • BunnySakiBunnySaki
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited February 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    What country are you in?

It's possible that someone once hacked from that university, and Nexon decided to block their IP.
    It's also possible that it's the university's firewall blocking the game servers, rather than the other way 'round.

Try talking to Nexon's live support and to whoever's in charge of the university's net, to see which side is blocking which.

The U.S.

Our university doesn't actually have its own wifi. They outsource to a company called Apogee. I had someone come fix the wifi once and mentioned it to him but he had no idea.