[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What towns have you seen the 4th Angel spawn in?

bootlickerbootlicker
Reactions: 1,475
edited March 2018 in General Chat
I have killed them in Henesys and Leafre but surely there has to be more?

Comments

• SnowedSnowed
    Reactions: 840
    edited March 2018
    The 4th Angel appears in major towns including Henesys, Orbis, El Nath, Leafre, and Magatia. It appears every 2 hours from 12:00 AM to 11:59 PM (UTC).
  • MigiSouthpawMigiSouthpaw
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited March 2018
    i killed one but couldn;t pick up the coins like wtf??
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018

The 4th Angel drops EVA Coin Coupons, which are one-of-a-kind. They're in your Use inventory and you have to use one (which gives you a coin in ETC) before you can pick up another one.
    Invulgo
    edited March 2018
    AKradian wrote: »

The 4th Angel drops EVA Coin Coupons, which are one-of-a-kind. They're in your Use inventory and you have to use one (which gives you a coin in ETC) before you can pick up another one.

Welp that is an awful method cuz it allowed someone to take the rest
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    bootlicker wrote: »

Seen them in El Nath.

Nope, by your logic then you can be the "someone to take the rest". >.>
    Not like the one of kind thing is only applied to you, it applies to everyone so they have to use each one before being able to pick up a new one. >.>
    There were probably multiple ppl each picking up one and you thought one person picked up all of them, or someone already killed before and knew about the one of a kind thing so they were quick enough to use and pick up repeatedly.
    edited March 2018
    YinYangX wrote: »

Seen them in El Nath.

Nope, by your logic then you can be the "someone to take the rest". >.>
    Not like the one of kind thing is only applied to you, it applies to everyone so they have to use each one before being able to pick up a new one. >.>
    There were probably multiple ppl each picking up one and you thought one person picked up all of them, or someone already killed before and knew about the one of a kind thing so they were quick enough to use and pick up repeatedly.

wat lol, thats exactly whys its awful i didnt kno and then the guy took all my coins
    thats why i'm questioning why not just make it normal loot for the pet to quickly sweep it all up
  • Retr0_Retr0_
    Reactions: 2,065
    edited March 2018
    Wot? Aren't the coins client side?
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited March 2018
    I’m not sure whose brilliant idea it was to design the spawn system this way but it shows a complete disregard for the players time. Most players don’t have the luxury to sit in a town waiting one of these bosses spawn. It should have been simple; every hour on the hour, one of these guys spawns in the major towns regardless of when it was last killed. There was no need for a gimmick.

I’ve been in Henesys Channel 1 on Reboot and not seen one of these spawn within 15 minutes of the 2 hour mark. For all I know the boss spawned the moment I left, but time is precious and I can't wait around all day for a handful of coins.

This appears to be another case of the devs designing something without having actually playtested their own content.
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    edited March 2018
    I farmed all I needed for EVA Unit-01 android I wanted on the first day. I found them in the following towns: Henesys, Leafre, Ludibrum, El Nath, Orbis, Edelstein, and Magitia. There may be other towns when you may find them but i did not encounter them anywhere else personally.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    wat lol, thats exactly whys its awful i didnt kno and then the guy took all my coins
    thats why i'm questioning why not just make it normal loot for the pet to quickly sweep it all up
    Then basically it's who ever has the least lag gets all the coins. >.>
    Meaning you could have been even more screwed. >.>
    And any range class that wants to attack from not right on top of it are screwed.
    Argent wrote: »
    I’m not sure whose brilliant idea it was to design the spawn system this way but it shows a complete disregard for the players time. Most players don’t have the luxury to sit in a town waiting one of these bosses spawn. It should have been simple; every hour on the hour, one of these guys spawns in the major towns regardless of when it was last killed. There was no need for a gimmick.

I’ve been in Henesys Channel 1 on Reboot and not seen one of these spawn within 15 minutes of the 2 hour mark. For all I know the boss spawned the moment I left, but time is precious and I can't wait around all day for a handful of coins.

This appears to be another case of the devs designing something without having actually playtested their own content.

Unfortunately, think every event-town-mob has been programmed like this since the beginning of Maplestory (at least for GMS, can't say for 100% same for KMS, but I'm assuming).
    I farmed all I needed for EVA Unit-01 android I wanted on the first day. I found them in the following towns: Henesys, Leafre, Ludibrum, El Nath, Orbis, Edelstein, and Magitia. There may be other towns when you may find them but i did not encounter them anywhere else personally.

I'm intrigued that you found them in Ludi and Edelstein even when they weren't listed in either the patch or event articles. o.o
    But ty for the info!
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    edited March 2018
    Yeah, that's why I wanted to make this thread to find out where people are finding them so people don't waste time trying to farm them in places where they don't spawn. The definitely do spawn spawn in both of those locations. I got at least 10 kills each at both places when farming. Most of the time you'd only find 1 or 2 in each cycle through channels at a run though