[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Wrong character model in explorer book

RobinnerRobinner
Reactions: 1,015
Member, Private Tester
edited March 2018 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: quest / graphics

Brief bug summary:
When you create an explorer character, you get an explorer book. When you complete certain quests of the explorer questline, a copy of what your character looked like at the time of completion will be saved in the explorer book. However, right now this seems to be bugged.

This is how the explorer book is supposed to look like (screenshot taken on a character I made when it wasn't bugged):
LnCMK5Q.png

This is what is looks like right now for newly created explorers (screenshot taken on a character I made yesterday):
WZQJNKS.png

Both screenshots were taken just a moment ago, so that means only newly created characters have a bugged explorer book.

Steps to reproduce:
-Create a new explorer character.
-Get it to first job and complete the quest that gives you the explorer book.
-Get it to level 25 and complete the quests from the explorer questline which you unlock at that level.
-Wait until the daily reset. (For some reason, before the daily reset the right character model is shown.)
You can now double click the 'explorer book' item in your inventory to go to the same 'page' as the one in the screenshots.

The wrong character model is also present in the other pictures in the explorer book.

Character job: (probably) all newly created explorers
YinYangX

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Can you post a picture of what your character really looks like?
    Or at least list what eyes and clothes (including NX covers) it had when it completed this quest?
  • RobinnerRobinner
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    Can you post a picture of what your character really looks like?
    Or at least list what eyes and clothes (including NX covers) it had when it completed this quest?

This is what the character looked like at the time of completion of that part of the questline:
    JbPXVJv.png

This is what its equipment inventory looked like:
    Nq8ZUwy.png

These are the items that it had equipped:
    -Blue Wizardry Hat
    -Blue Split Piece (Male)
    -Old Wooden Staff
    -White Split Pants (Male)
    -Blue Jewelry Boots
    -Blue Morrican
    -Crusader Codex
    -The 'Beginner Adventurer' medal

It had no NX covers equipped and it had the 'Blue Kerning City Hair' hairstyle and the 'Alert Face (Black)' face.

However, I doubt that what the character looked like has something to do with the bug. Two other recently made explorer characters of mine have the same problem. One of them is also a magician, but with a different hairstyle and face and probably different clothing at the time of completion of the same quest, but it has the same bug. It has also completed more of the explorer questline, so it has unlocked more pictures in the explorer book, each with a slightly different bugged character model. The same goes for the other recently made character, but that one is a bowman so it definitely had different clothing and also a different hairstyle and face when completing the explorer quests.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    OK, thank you for the info. I've forwarded the issue.
    RobinnerYinYangX
  • RobinnerRobinner
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    A reminder that this bug is not fixed yet.
  • DiximaNDiximaN
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited June 2018
    Same thing happens to me.
  • polerpoler
    Reactions: 725
    edited May 2019
    Mine suddenly had a M-forcer hat on
    YinYangX