[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.

Chain Arts: Void Strike massive lag

Reactions: 620
edited March 6 in Bug Reporting
More details:
Bug is not isolated to my computer. Every single Cadena that I've talked to reports that the skill causes their game to lag. Anyone other than the Cadena does not seem to be affected. Attacking while the skill is active has no effect on whether or not the skill causes lag. Problem seems to be caused by the skill effects that affect the background (either grayscale or the new background image). Was not reported sooner because I was not active the past couple months.
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Cast Chain Arts: Void Strike
  2. Do nothing and immediately get extremely low fps and extremely high latency
  3. Game becomes unplayable

Character name: IntoSomnium

Character level: 215

Character job: Cadena

World name: Broa

Date and time of the incident: v.190 – Nova: Liberation of Cadena (Cadena release date)

• MiraMira
    Reactions: 1,020
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 12
    Can confirm this - just did Dojo on my Cadena last night, massive lag. Trying to kill mobs in Arcane River, massive lag. I do believe it's the change to the background that causes the lag. The same thing happens when I'm in the first and last map of the Gollux maze, or any of the quests that turn the background into the hazy black/white filter.