[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Meso botters are the backbone of maplestory
So Mesos bots are spamming smegas advertising their rates for selling mesos (something obviously against TOS) as well as continually spamming in Henesys after the Free market closed. Instead of fixing the ridiculous gms economy and policing this, it is a lot easier to let bots run their coarse and sell mesos than to make the proper adjustments. I still see a couple hackers every week in Windia (A very dead server) but I guess they accumulate so much mesos to stimulate the economy their is less incentive of policing these hackers.
Honestly, if you're in windia, you wouldn't even have Clean slate scrolls, epic pot scrolls, or innocence scrolls if it weren't for hackers duping them. That is the reality; Maple in Windia (and im sure the other servers) is unsustainable without botters. Because of this sad reality, hackers are literally integral to advancing your equipment in game, whether you're legit or not
Despite how provocative this statement may be to some people i'm sure most are already aware of this.
There are acouple obvious questions that need to be addressed:
1. Why don't meso bots get banned for spamming those messages? - Even if the answer is 'well they'll just make another account'- how is that a justifiable reason for Nexon not to enforce their terms of service? soliciting the services is still against TOS even if those accounts are not the ones selling the mesos.
2. How come nexon doesn't interfere with the illegitimacy within the economy? Is it because they know removing all duped item will ultimately remove too many essential items that legit players rely on? (i.e. css, innoc)
3. With the blatantly obvious signs that most maple servers are too underpopulated to have healthy economies, why hasn't more server merges happened?
- I have to assume for the first two questions, Nexon appreciates the service hackers give by providing enough supply to meet the maple economies demand. Demand would outweigh supply significantly without botters. CSS would be a luxury without them and there sure as he** wouldn't be stacks of 100 without dupers. how many people are really farming CSS to that extent in these dead servers?
- For the 3rd question, I have no idea why no action has been taken. Is Nexon just trying to show they will not bend to the whims of what their fanbase wants? Do they see the inevitable end of Maplestory in the near future, thus see meaningful action as a waste of time? Whatever it is they're shooing a lot of great players away from this game who have already quit before- and most of these players are in their mid 20s this time, they likely ain't gonna come back to the game again if it stays this broken.
- And in case the Nexon Team is dense enough to not understand what is happening on Discord-people are buying and selling items for >$100, and selling mesos for $1USD-1Bill meso, Despite this being against the TOS. Its almost as if Nexon could police meso botters and consequently take on this market themselves to turn a huge profit. But that is a digression.