[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What is Your Main and Why Do You Play It?

Comments

• DiximaNDiximaN
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited March 2018
    My main is Dark Knight because of Tiger.
    Also, RED overhaul made DKs even more neat.
  • iSouvenirsiSouvenirs
    Reactions: 1,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    I originally mained a bishop(from 2005-2007) because I enjoyed being a support class as well as party play. I ended up quitting my bishop a little bit after fourth job came out because I felt like they had killed the whole party play aspect of the bishop with no cool down genesis. And I moved onto a NL which I have mained from 2017 until now, because I wanted flash jump, shadow partner, and drain(this was the only class which had these at the time). I've loved NL since then, and for some reason I show a biased to all adventurer classes.
    RyoManscholar624
  • Nick008Nick008
    Reactions: 925
    edited April 2018
    I main kanna on reboot because I don't have 2 computers.
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    Evan because Mir is awesome. :)
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited April 2018
    Wild hunter because I find the class fun to play and challenging.
  • fraddfradd
    Reactions: 500
    edited April 2018
    I main a Hero, just made him my first 200 even though I've played since 2007.

At first, he was an Ultimate Adventurer Dark Knight, because dragon skills were kickass. Of course, RED ruined that, and I still have a grudge against Kaisers and Nova overall because I know that's why they changed Dragon Knight/Dark Knight from being dragon themed. Not worth!

So, I job switched to a Paladin, and they were damage AND defense hoes after RED. So that was fun while it lasted...I mean, I didn't really like having to switch between elements to charge up that one buff, because I don't like the idea of not using your strongest skill for every attack, ya know? But, I enjoyed being support when it happened, and being an absolute tank. I got to 160, then they nerfed Paladin WAY too much (I didn't even see many bandwagoners after RED honestly), and switched to Hero.

I just wanted the damage, but yeah, I like Hero. Now, I still considered Night Lord to be my ideal main (from like 2007-2017), but after playing warriors and Paladin for so long I could NOT handle the squishiness, especially after trying to main one on Reboot.
    Hero is moderately fast, which is like a necessity for me, and now that I'm 200 I have like three ult-ish attacks, so training is pretty fun. Raging Blow's enraged animation is badass, and all the flame skills are badass, and Worldreaver has a badass name AND animation. They're just classically cool.
    Bossing is also not as standstill as people may think for an adventurer warrior, it gets interesting.
    Also they're high on DPS teehee.

EDIT: Also I don't like classes with skills that force you to move, or combo, or all that, because it's not ideal in every scenario.
  • MagicFoxhairMagicFoxhair
    Reactions: 1,165
    edited April 2018
    Jett

Because kanna got nerfed and the jett has pretty skills.
    I quit a weak class just go to reboot and main a weaker one. :|
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited April 2018
    I used to main kaiser before when i was more of a hot head. Then after when we kept losing in ursus, I was so mad to the point i made a bishop mule to play support in ursus. Turns out I did such a good job with it and liked it so much I switched mains. It was weird at first but I say i am a mage by heart thats why i choose kaiser cause of its teleport. But bishop is ideally my main class and the one most suitable for me.

• rizariza
    edited April 2018
    Moral of story follow your heart and follow your instincts that what makes a main a main.
  • fraddfradd
    edited April 2018
    riza wrote: »
    Moral of story follow your heart and follow your instincts that what makes a main a main.

For me, the lesson (after about 9 years of playing) was to just heavily fund one character, then in a way you're forced to stick to that character, but then you have fun with it because it's the only character you've been able to boss with because of your damage, and then you realize you could probably enjoy 90% of characters in the game if you were able to fund them a ton and get to 200+.
  • rizariza
    edited April 2018
    fradd wrote: »

For me, the lesson (after about 9 years of playing) was to just heavily fund one character, then in a way you're forced to stick to that character, but then you have fun with it because it's the only character you've been able to boss with because of your damage, and then you realize you could probably enjoy 90% of characters in the game if you were able to fund them a ton and get to 200+.

I played kaiser for years and thought it was my main and invested in a lot of cubes to get more op but somewhere down the line mages was my natural and best class. with that all that time and work invested in a heavy funded class nearly went to waste. So i say i recommend doing the research before picking as you are investing a lot into the class. for maple story 2 I will do the research I wanna pick priest to see if there is a way to fund it so it can solo things on its own and with parties. If not i pick a thief or beserker.
  • gstraaanggstraaang
    Reactions: 210
    I main a Bishop!

While not the biggest damage-doer nor the fastest DPM, he does a fair amount of damage which is fine by me. Still makes Maplestory a little challenging, and the rewards feel even more rewarding. I've always been a support-type player, so being able to heal while attack is great! I've tried to main a lot of other characters, and the only other classes I came close to maining was Dual Blade and Wind Archer, but I always went back to my Bishop. I also love walking around Maple World and buffing new players and making new friends :)
    scholar624
  • fraddfradd
    edited April 2018
    fradd wrote: »

I played kaiser for years and thought it was my main and invested in a lot of cubes to get more op but somewhere down the line mages was my natural and best class. with that all that time and work invested in a heavy funded class nearly went to waste. So i say i recommend doing the research before picking as you are investing a lot into the class. for maple story 2 I will do the research I wanna pick priest to see if there is a way to fund it so it can solo things on its own and with parties. If not i pick a thief or beserker.

Yeah, I guess it helped that I tried out like 30+ classes before heavily funding my Hero.
  • IslesIsles
    Reactions: 300
    edited April 2018
    Bowmaster . The reason, I started out on the recommendation of making this class and I fell in love with it, that was over 10 years ago, and even through all the rough patches (nexon nerfings , nexon letting them stay broken forever, arrow blaster, taking puppet RIP :( , making me combo skills ugh . etc) I've never wavier in my love for the class. oh and I've finely built a beast of a char :) shes awesome sauce! <3
  • ICEMAGEICEMAGE
    Reactions: 615
    edited April 2018
    Ice/Lightning Mage. I was originally going to make a sin but a friend told me they were too expensive so make a mage to fund it...I never quit playing the mage because i fell in love with the class. Through all the nerfings and hard updates that i hated, I've stuck with the class and still love it to this day.
  • ICSOblivionICSOblivion
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited April 2018
    Battle Mage
    Because they are Edgy, and dark and they can summon reapers.
    On a serious topic.
    They are cool indeed, every single aspect fits what I expect about a class.
    And they are tanky as hell (most of the time)
  • Traveler5577Traveler5577
    Reactions: 1,995
    edited April 2018
    right now its dawn warrior i enjoy the abilities it has as a class and helpful overall. i can still do sword a shield or 2hander sword with the second hand weapon cygnus knights use. either way its my burning character and still my favorite.
    Lilyflower
  • YellowUndiesYellowUndies
    Reactions: 100
    I main Hayato because I'm a proud weeb.

On a serious note, I like the mobility and speed. He was also the first class I played that didn't have to worry about ropes or ladders to ascend platforms.