[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Missing characters

MåtomicoMåtomico
Reactions: 100
in Tech Support
A couple of months ago Europe MS migrated and I was prompted to migrate or they would delete stuff, so I did. Today I got around installing Windows and finally being able to play MapleStory again. I sign into my account and I have no characters. Neither are my characters on the world rankings. My name was Macocio, another character of mine was called Måtomico, but it was bugged after a bit before the BB update when it became impossible to whisper to characters with å (or any non-ascii) in their name.

I'd love to get some help with this. My character was a level ~140 IL arch mage with permanent NX clothing.

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2018
    When exactly did you migrate your account?

The last chance to migrate EMS accounts was January 11th, 2017, over a year ago, and the last server migration occurred the day after. While the micro-site for migration is still up, if you migrated after this date nothing would happen as far as I'm aware.
  • MåtomicoMåtomico
    edited March 2018
    I don't remember exactly when, but I remember logging in on mapleeurope.com and being asked to migrate to which I submitted a request.

Edit: seems like my password manager modification date for the password is Modify: 2017-09-09 07:34:05.000000000 +0200, I suspect it was then. That's unfortunate. Any way to save my characters?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited March 2018
    I don't believe so, no. Sorry.

You could ask someone to help you rebuild your characters, if that helps.
  • MåtomicoMåtomico
    edited March 2018
    I'll see if I can find some good people, but the EMS community appears rather dead. What happened to the free market? Anyway, do you know any updated class guides? Lots of old ones on Basil, is hidden-street still up-to-date?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited March 2018
    The Free Market itself was removed, as Nexon is attempting to centralize the economy into the Auction House (you can access the AH by pressing the button in the bottom-right with three horizontal lines and selecting "Auction House").

As far as class guides go, I'm not entirely sure. AyumiLove is somewhat updated, but I can't vouch for accuracy because I've never used it.

Hidden-Street is vastly out of date, but I've found it can be useful for identifying old items, if nothing else. Maplestory Wikia is more up-to-date, but doesn't have as many items/quests/monsters listed.