[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Detective Kemdi ends early if players leave

ArcaneSwingArcaneSwing
Reactions: 300
in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Gameplay (Event)

Brief bug summary: Detective Kemdi event ends earlier than usual if players leave the map after winning

More details:
During the final stage of Detective Kemdi, players who have already found their code will tend to leave before all players are completed.
During my run of Detective Kemdi, about 3 or 4 players left (with about 15 players total) and the event immediately finished while I was entering my guess. This was on the 6th guess or so during the final round, didn't catch the exact number.
12 players had already found their code, so it wasn't the maximum amount of players finding the code.
It seems as if the game checked the number of players currently in the map, and if it is equal to the number of players who have found the code, the game moves on to the next round, even though some players who have already found the code have left the map.
It appears to not be a timed event, where after a certain period of time as elapsed, the event immediately ends. I have had a few runs where all 15 guesses have passed with at least one person not finding their code. (Some runs take longer than 15 minutes.)

Steps to reproduce:
1. Enter Detective Kemdi with enough players to start the game (at least 10).
2. Complete 4 rounds as normal.
3. During the 5th round, have some players complete their code and immediately leave. This bug is more noticeable if you have not found your code yet.
4. When the amount of players currently in the map is equal to the number of players who have found the code, the game immediately ends, even if a) not all players who have entered the map have found their code, or b) 15 guesses have not been entered. (This is speculation, but from my experience this only happened after someone left the map)
5. Kemdi immediately gives you 1 (or in this case 2 because of Sunday Perk) Pop coin.

Character name: ArcaneCombo

Character level: 220

Character job: Aran

World name: Nova (MYBCKN)

Date and time of the incident: 1:30AM Pacific time, 3/18/18 (the end of the 1:15AM Detective Kemdi)

Comments

• tessadenotessadeno
    Reactions: 400
    edited March 2018
    Experienced the same issue. Didnt get coins in the Final round, because the game finished when everyone started to leave..
    Character name: SolidGround
    Character level: 212
    Character job: Aran
    World name: Windia
    3/24/18 - time unknown
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    I imagine this is intended behavior, that the game auto-quits when the number of people present drops below the minimum amount to play the game, to prevent people from getting easy wins
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    chooz wrote: »
    I imagine this is intended behavior, that the game auto-quits when the number of people present drops below the minimum amount to play the game, to prevent people from getting easy wins

I don't think so. People who use mules to artificially raise the participant count, gain nothing by taking them out of the game early.
    I believe it is as OP said, the game is simply coded to compare the number of people in the room with the number of people on the board, and end when they're equal. The programmers didn't take into account that it might not be the same people.

I have forwarded this issue.
    Invulgo
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    chooz wrote: »

I don't think so. People who use mules to artificially raise the participant count, gain nothing by taking them out of the game early.
    I believe it is as OP said, the game is simply coded to compare the number of people in the room with the number of people on the board, and end when they're equal. The programmers didn't take into account that it might not be the same people.

I have forwarded this issue.

This makes no sense, because when I get an underpopulated room with less than 30 people and not a single one is AFK, the game still doesn't end when everyone has won.