[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Quest] Korean Folk Town Quest Bug

azureskiesazureskies
Reactions: 200
edited March 2018 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Quest Bug

Brief bug summary: [Korean Folk Town] Finding Shim Chung Again cannot be completed in certain circumstances.

More details: The game appears to attempt to show a chat window necessary to advance, but the screen refreshes a few times before disappearing. The character becomes immobile, hotkeys cannot be used, the mouse cannot click anything useful and it is only possible to wait until the map times out or restarting the game. I have gotten stuck on two characters so far, but the quest appears to function correctly when the chat is advanced normally instead of skipped using the spacebar.

EDIT: It also may be that the quest doesn't work properly when the character is in a party. I had been stuck twice using this character but it worked properly after leaving the party, even though I killed all 4 mobs at once unlike what the past threads have suggested.

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Complete Korean Folk Town questline until Mr. Shim's quests are available, up to starting the quest Finding Shim Chung Again, where the character enters Deep Waters from Black Mountain <Valley>.
  2. Depress the spacebar after clicking the NPC Qing Oarsman until the chat prompts open and close at least twice.
  3. Kill the 4 monsters that appear.
  4. Chat window will flash in the bottom and disappear, leaving the character immobile and unable to use hotkeys.

Character name: Revelve

Character level: 131

Character job: F/P Mage

World name: Bera

Date and time of the incident: 2018-03-21 23:28 PDT

EDIT: Upon searching a little more, this quest has been an issue for a while:
forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/17429/korean-folk-town-finding-shim-chung-again-bug/p1
forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/12270/kill-screen-deep-waters-korean-folk-town/p1
forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/11906/stuck-in-cutscenes/p1

Comments

• LunaraLunara
    Reactions: 100
    I too ran into this bug, except I wasn't in a party at the time it happened. Originally thought I was lagging but a force logout and retry gave the same results.
  • PastafarianPastafarian
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited November 2018
    My Demon Avenger Batperson experienced the same bug today after cutting down the four thugs at once with Lunar Slash. Qing Oarsman never said his dialog line about releasing the tiger, Heroic Hogul did not appear, and Batperson was stuck there immobile until the timer ran out.

But when Batperson killed the thugs one by one as @PirateIzzy suggested in your first link to a previous post, Heroic Hogul made his entrance properly. It seems that if you multikill the thugs too fast, Qing Oarsman doesn't take his cue to say his next line.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE REVISED:
    3. Multikill the four thugs that appear.

WORKAROUND: Kill the thugs one at a time instead.