[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Phantom - made it pointless to play explorers?

MarmilaidousMarmilaidous
Reactions: 510
edited April 2018 in General Chat
Hi everyone, sorry to bring this up out of nowhere like that. This is just an important subject I wanted to talk to you about.

Well, you see... ever since Phantom was released, I wondered what is the point in playing a normal explorer character, when you can be a phantom and be able to steal and use all explorers skills, from all kinds? If I were to make an explorer magician, for example, I would only have magician skills. If I made bowman, only bowman skills, etc. and so on. But with phantom I can freely choose between them and use them whenever I see fit.

So, how would you explain people are still actively playing and maining Explorers, and what point still remains in playing them that I have possibly missed here?

Comments

• foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    Phantoms stole skills are weakened and also you can't use most of them at once.

Example:

My corsair does more damage with eight legged easton than a phantom. Also you forgot that phantoms range is visually inflated. Also because of the passives corsairs have.

It doesn't matter which skills a phantom steals,he will never reach the same amount of damage as an explorer.

• rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited April 2018
    well phantom has a lot a pros yes your right but also a lot of cons. the pros most would say he can steal skills hes op ect ect. Now that is correct but here are the loop holes. phantom can steal skills from each explorer class but can only use 1 for each job adv so from 1-4 and hyper skill he can only use 1 skill slot. He also cant perform skills like the original meaning its way weaker. I done magic shell combo with my guild and he can only copy me to a extant. i can go into more detail but to be more straight to point every class has its pro and cons you just need to learn how to use it to your advantage.
    foussiremixCatooolooo
  • fraddfradd
    Reactions: 500
    edited April 2018
    Haha, no. Pretty sure Phantom mostly uses his own attacks anyway, just steals the buffs from other classes mostly. Very different still.
    I mean, everyone THOUGHT Phantoms would make Adventurers irrelevant before he came out...but that was back then.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited April 2018
    fradd wrote: »
    Haha, no. Pretty sure Phantom mostly uses his own attacks anyway, just steals the buffs from other classes mostly. Very different still.
    I mean, everyone THOUGHT Phantoms would make Adventurers irrelevant before he came out...but that was back then.

Yea funny thing was at launch i main phantom the day it came out. I thought the same thing but it was simple class. Then i main kaiser (best years) then surprisingly a bishop. I mean it really depends on how you play. A phantom can copy my bishop skills but they will never outperform me. That where mastery comes into play you can try to copy a master but can you outperform and become a master ;)
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited April 2018
    think of phantom as a Red Mage, Jack of all trades, but master of none.
  • RekkazanRekkazan
    Reactions: 320
    edited April 2018
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    think of phantom as a Red Mage, Jack of all trades, but master of none.

Yoshi P buff RDM please...