[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Alishan Boss Glitch (Shao)

omgitsHAMomgitsHAM
Reactions: 310
in Bug Reporting
Bug type: The little grass monsters that explode when you're fighting the Shao is invisible. Also my Glide for my Dark Winds doesn't work (dont know if thats on purpose or not)

Brief bug summary: So when fighting Shao, the grass creatures that run at you and explode or something is invisible making it impossible to know when to jump. Some people may say, you can take the wind gust thingy on the side to get on the platform but its really hard to get there without my glide (as you have to angle yourself perfectly to get on the platform) Also after dying to her once, the music or sound effects are on repeat even after im back at the "Road to the Summit" (The area before u fight Shao)

More details:

(anything not included in the other sections of your report)

Steps to reproduce:

(if not covered in the summary)

Character name: Koreá

Character level: 40 as of 4/18/2018

Character job: Demon Slayer

World name: Bera

Date and time of the incident: 4/18/2018
enderbiscuit

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    Thank you for reporting this. I forwarded it.
    enderbiscuit
  • crawford1138crawford1138
    Reactions: 315
    edited April 2018
    i got the same problem too in the reboot server. as a stopgap measure since the suicide bugs are invisible to the naked eye they should either do little to no damage or be removed for temporary until the problem is rectified. there is no point fighting what you can't see.
    enderbiscuit
  • Locke94Locke94
    Reactions: 100
    Im having the same issue, please fix soon ^^
  • enderbiscuitenderbiscuit
    Reactions: 410
    Spent about 2 hours trying to fix this problem when I experienced it. At first I tried to fight the boss despite this glitch, but after dying about 20 times I had enough. Tried rebooting the game, then did a complete shutdown of my computer, and when all that failed I tried playing in both windowed mode and fullscreen to see if it was some sort of resolution problem. None of that made any difference. I really hope your post gets noticed because otherwise I don't think I'll be playing more of this game. After all, if the mobs spawned by this boss are broken, I imagine that other bosses will have the same problem...
    tam319
  • tam319tam319
    Reactions: 305
    edited April 2018
    Even if the boss was not glitched, it's unfair but with the glitch it's nearly impossible. There are so many ways to make this boss fair:
    -Instead of those stupid steam bouncing things, you could implement a portal - the physics in Maplestory is simply not good enough for trampolines to be implemented in boss fights. (This is my main issue and I don't understand how devs haven't already thought of this)
    -Make it so when you die, you don't lose EXP. ESPECIALLY WHILE YOU'RE TRYING TO FIX A BROKEN BOSS.
    -Extend the time limit on the boss. I'm a relatively funded level 201 Kaiser and I'm having trouble fighting it, I can't imagine how a less mobile character would be able to fight the boss in 6 minutes.

This is extremely frustrating because I feel the devs don't even care about their game
    enderbiscuit
  • enderbiscuitenderbiscuit
    Reactions: 410
    edited April 2018
    tam319 wrote: »
    Even if the boss was not glitched, it's unfair but with the glitch it's nearly impossible. There are so many ways to make this boss fair:
    -Instead of those stupid steam bouncing things, you could implement a portal - the physics in Maplestory is simply not good enough for trampolines to be implemented in boss fights. (This is my main issue and I don't understand how devs haven't already thought of this)
    -Make it so when you die, you don't lose EXP. ESPECIALLY WHILE YOU'RE TRYING TO FIX A BROKEN BOSS.
    -Extend the time limit on the boss. I'm a relatively funded level 201 Kaiser and I'm having trouble fighting it, I can't imagine how a less mobile character would be able to fight the boss in 6 minutes.

This is extremely frustrating because I feel the devs don't even care about their game

You should probably repost this on a suggestions/critique forum if you haven't already.
  • SoooyoungSoooyoung
    I died like 20 times trying to do this wondering why I died instantly. I am having the same bug
  • PooliganPooligan
    Also having this problem... sooooo when will this be fixed?