[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

MapleStory not launching through Steam

JosephineJosephine
Reactions: 500
edited April 2018 in Tech Support
Okay so I've been having this issue when trying to launch MapleStory through Steam, what happens is that when I click on play does it start up like normal and says that MapleStory is launching. Then after a few seconds in the right corner does the Nexon thing pop up, but then after a while does MapleStory not open and everything just closes. I played only a few hours prior to this today and the game was working fine. I'm starting to think that it's either my computer or Steam. Is anyone else having this issue or is it just me? I downloaded MapleStory on the normal Nexon Launcher to see if it would work but it kept on crashing there too. And I've been looking through forums to see if anyone had the same problem as me, but I haven't seen a solution for it. Please don't ignore this ;-;

Comments

• JosephineJosephine
    edited April 2018
    Nevermind, I was able to find a way to fix it. ^^ Or at least I think I did, anyway the issue's been resolved.
  • GaryJNgGaryJNg
    Reactions: 410
    edited April 2018
    What did you do to resolve your issue? This game is still unplayable/not loading for me when I click play on the launcher.
  • JosephineJosephine
    edited April 2018
    GaryJNg wrote: »
    What did you do to resolve your issue? This game is still unplayable/not loading for me when I click play on the launcher.

Are you playing through Steam or through the normal Nexon Launcher? Well what I did was uninstall the NIVIDA GeForce program that I had downloaded to update my drivers. That I think was interfering with the game in some way, but I'm pretty sure it might of been the problem since uninstalling it seemed to have fixed it since I now can launch and play the game like normal through Steam with almost no issues. I'm unsure on how it could work on the normal Nexon Launcher though, since I had the same issue your having a couple of years ago (If you're playing through the Nexon Launcher that is), which is why I switched to Steam since it worked a lot better for me. But what I'd honestly recommend on doing is checking if you have a program that handles your drivers and some games (such as NIVIDA GeForce). Or switch to play on Steam instead. I'm sorry if my answer might of been unhelpful if it now didn't work, but this is all I could honestly think of.
  • VamazingVamazing
    Reactions: 300
    The Steam connection isn't working. I confirmed it myself.
    Can't say I've been an active player since I haven't even gotten into the game yet.