[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Idea for a Party Quest Revamp

PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
Reactions: 5,265
edited April 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I don't know why I'm posting this, since Nexon doesn't look at this subforum, but I'll take that shot.

Party Quests: We all know that nobody does them, with the exception of Hungry Muto, Commerci Union, Dragon Rider (for cards), and Kenta PQ (for some people). There's very little incentive to do so; there are better options for EXP, the rewards aren't that great majority of the time, and it's a hassle getting together a party in this day and age. So I thought of a way to make Party Quests viable again. I'll cover it in 2 sections: Convenience/EXP and Rewards.

Convenience and EXP
To make entry of Party Quests more convenient, I would make the minimum player requirement for each party quest 1 person. "But wait!" you say, "They're called PARTY quests, that wouldn't make people party!" That's where the EXP would come into play. Remember Lion King's Castle giving 50% extra EXP for every party member? Of course you guys do, some people still complain about its removal to this day after all. This would be incorporated into PQs, not only for monsters, but the final EXP reward as well. Well, this would be incorporated into Party Quests: not only for monsters, but the final EXP reward as well.

Rewards
Most people don't care for Party Quest equipment admittedly, though some of it does look nice. To provide another option for PQers, we could make it possible to sell the PQ etc drops (like Pianus Scales, Hoblin Marks, etc) for mesos to the Pub NPC (the values, I haven't decided on, but they would be 5 times as much in Reboot). To make the game not overflow with mesos, there would be daily PQ entry limits re-added, which is something that people may not agree with me on, but it would make it a bit OP without these limits. As for other rewards, I haven't gone through each PQ, but I can say that for Chryse PQ, it would be possible to use the Core Fragments to obtain Xerxes soul shards (the current way is a bit tedious).

These changes would apply to the following Party Quests:
Cooking with Tangyoon
Romeo and Juliet
Nett's Pyramid
Xerxes in Chryse
Dimensional Crack (an ETC drop will be added for Alishar)
Lord Pirate
Escape
possibly Dimension Invasion
Dragon Rider
Kenta in Danger
Resurrection of the Hoblin King
and possibly Alien Visitor

Any thoughts welcome.