[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

False chance of star force

ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
Reactions: 1,470
edited April 2018 in Rants and Raves
It's without a doubt that star force chances are 100% lie. How do I know that? By failing star force with 70% chance success rate over 10 times in a row. Oh wait, never mind. I guess that's what moderators would call "Gambler's logic." How about failing 85% success chance 7 times in a row? No? Still "Gambler's logic"? Ok, how about failing 95% success chance (the first star) 4 times in a row? Still just simply unlucky? Ok, then how about destroying the equip with 0.7% chance of destruction on the first try???

But of course, people will say "Oh that's just your fault for being unlucky and nothing to do with the chance system" or "that's just RNG" and etc. I guess this kind of thing happening multiple times to several other people doesn't prove that star force chance system is complete bs. The only thing that can prove it is NX releasing the server client coding pertaining star force chance system, which they will never ever show to anyone. This is why the game is dying.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    It's possible that the odds are not as stated, but the way to "prove" it isn't by pointing to specific cases. We obviously tend to notice and remember the extreme cases (like the ones you listed but also things like "I yolo'ed this to 15 stars in one go!") You would need to collect data from thousands of star-forcing attempts, including all the boring ones where the results were as one would expect, to be able to deduce the "real" odds.

That said, Maplestory's random number generator sucks. I'm talking from a mathematical point of view. It has a tendency to "cluster", which means giving the same or similar results if used in rapid succession.
    That's how you get people failing star force (or, for that matter, 70% scrolls and 80% potential stamps) many times in a row - but also how you get people passing three 10% CSS in a row.
    So I always advise people not to spam attempts if they're failing. Take a break, change channel, go kill a few mobs, let the RNG get out of its bad mood, and then try again.
    SlicedTime
  • vRoxasvvRoxasv
    Reactions: 105
    I feel ya bro. Losing 7 tyrants in 5 days with 3% chance of booming explains everything already.
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited May 2018
    vRoxasv wrote: »
    I feel ya bro. Losing 7 tyrants in 5 days with 3% chance of booming explains everything already.

if you are booming your tyrants.... you are doing it wrong lol
  • villianridavillianrida
    Reactions: 400
    edited May 2018
    lol i've been in yo shoes, just the other day i destroyed at .7% 3 times on my superior earrings before hitting 15stars that was costly n few months back i destroyed 7 tyrants at low % too. star catching "do it in the orange area you'll pass easier" is bs.. i 15starred one of my equips in all black area.
  • villianridavillianrida
    Reactions: 400
    edited May 2018
    vRoxasv wrote: »

if you are booming your tyrants.... you are doing it wrong lol

how can one do it wrong or right if it's random? 0.o show us the way master terrorstreak.. lolololol
  • ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    Reactions: 1,470
    edited May 2018
    lol i've been in yo shoes, just the other day i destroyed at .7% 3 times on my superior earrings before hitting 15stars that was costly n few months back i destroyed 7 tyrants at low % too. star catching "do it in the orange area you'll pass easier" is bs.. i 15starred one of my equips in all black area.

Star catching literally does absolutely nothing. It's a fact. Nexon employee actually has admitted this. They literally said that star catching is there so you have something to do to cool off when you're on a losing streak. It doesn't actually increase your chance, it just make you take it slow. Nexon has already confirmed this.