[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Blaze Wizard is a bit messy.

AznboiEAznboiE
Reactions: 3,445
edited May 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Blaze Wizard has been a lackluster class almost since the day they've been revamped over 4 years ago, and has had near silence when brought up in KMS's previous skill balance changes for over the past year.

Blaze Wizard has also been infamous for being a bot-favorite but that has recently changed (thanks Kanna) so I'd like to hope for more positive changes to this class and would like to promote my own.

Orbital Flame: Command Mode. I know orbital flames has directional commands for which directions the flames go when you use them, but it would be exciting for the class to use all four flames at the same time and have them go in all four directions but at the cost of the attack distance being gutted (I'm assuming the default distance is 200 with 300 being the hyper passive distance maximum) to 100-150 for balancing purposes.

Orbital Flames should orbit around the player when not in use. When attacking with non orbital flame skills the flames would circle the player creating a barrier that attacks and ignites enemies that come into contact within their short range. Orbital Flames immediately spawn around the character when not in use and disappear after not attacking for 10 seconds.

Orbital Flames casting mechanic be changed to be like one of those 5th job skills that reloads a projectile over a period of time (such as Cannoneer's Big Huge Gigantic Cannonball skill) but reload extremely fast at the same rate that they are consumed. I believe these types of skills are client sided whereas Orbital Flame is currently server sided which would solve the ping-based dps issue they have, with an exception that there might be delay of flames being reloaded when casting too fast.

so if 1 flame goes out at a rate of 1/.25 seconds then the cooldown would be the same with a max orbital flame storage of 4

Blazing Extinction should have a longer duration with a faster cast speed. 10 seconds is far too short and it takes about 1 second to cast.

Flame Barrier should have a longer duration. -50% damage intake with 15 second duration and with a 90 second cooldown is far too short to keep the class alive without using a heal pet. I'd bargain with a 100% uptime at the cost of the damage intake reduction cut in half (-25%).

Burning Conduit severely limits damage output. The skill gives a good 60% damage to party members and self within the aura's range but cuts off when you're outside the range. Would be nice if half the damage was passive (sorry party members, but I need this more than you). Recap: change aura to give 30% damage and 1 attack speed with bonus 30% damage to self). Would also settle if the aura was attached to the player rather than to the ground like Battle Mage's Auras. Coincidentally it would be cool if Battle Mage could apply auras to a certain spot on the ground and be able to stack all their auras in that way without waiting to get to 5th job to do that but in a better way.