[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

The problem of MS enhancement

ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
Reactions: 1,470
edited May 2018 in Rants and Raves
MS have "tiers" for equips and abilities that you can raise by spending real money. Normally you have to spend a lot of money to get to the highest "legendary" tier. But it doesn't end there. Having "legendary" tier, after spending so much money reaching it, doesn't mean you're going to get "legendary" abilities. It just means now you have "chance" to get legendary stats on your equips and abilities. You're still going to spend even more crap ton of money even after reaching that legendary tier. The game doesn't reward you for spending a lot of money. It only sometimes reward you if you spend crap **** ton amount of money. Doesn't matter if you invest a lot of money on your character. The game is still going to spit on your face and piss on you 90% of the times. It's just sad how these kinds of well made games are ruined by greed and shamelessness of deves who won't give people what they paid for. smh

Prediction: this post will get moved to rants and rave. Too ez
TachikawaHiyoko

Comments

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited May 2018
    eh, at leg tier you do get leg pot lines only. I think you mean the problem is that there is a range of pot lines you can get in any tier and that they are not just the best ones for you. it causes people to take a long time if they want to perfect their pot lines which can cause people to spend lots of money if they dont want to go through all the time it takes to get to miester smithing and maintain it + get materials for miester cubes (because, that really a lot of work tbh).

the thing is, people do get what they pay for, as there is no promise of you getting only the good pot lines for your own character and are , tbh, conditioned to understand that by the time you reach legendary. AFAIK everyone knows that all pot tiers have their own pool of pot lines to draw from and the pool is not based on what character you play or what type of equip you are cubing or what class type it's for, it's just pool with all the type of pot lines possible in legendary.

Now would it be nice if it was a pool of pot lines that your character could benefit from only? hell yeah, but as far as getting what you pay for, you pay for the best pool of potential lines.
  • ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    edited May 2018
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    eh, at leg tier you do get leg pot lines only. I think you mean the problem is that there is a range of pot lines you can get in any tier and that they are not just the best ones. it causes people to take a long time if they want to perfect their pot lines which can cause people to spend lots of money if they dont want to go through all the time it takes to get to miester smithing and maintain it + get materials for miester cubes (because, that really a lot of work tbh).

it's more of, there's the "base potential you can get" and then there's the "best potential you can get" within any potential tier and think you can only receive the best line on only one of your pot lines on any given gear.

That's the point. People have spend a lot of their hard earned money to reach legendary tier. So why are they getting stat lines that have zero value to their classes?? This was the problem with the core enhancing nodes a while ago. Nodestones gave you skill nodes that belong to entirely different class, and it was an absolute living hell trying to enhance your skill cores (or even to get your skill cores). They saw this was a problem and fixed it so that you only get skill core that belongs to your class.
    But they will never do that for equip enhancements tho. If you're a warrior class, you're still going to get int% and magic att% lines even after you spend a lot of money to reach legendary tier. And worse, you're still getting that "xx% chance to avoid xx damage when attacked" or other complete stupid bs lines that not a single person will ever get a use out of. Again, after spending so much money, there's no reward. There's only more chance. Chance to give your money to greedy devs so they can spit on your face.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited May 2018
    ShokunKaYo wrote: »
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    eh, at leg tier you do get leg pot lines only. I think you mean the problem is that there is a range of pot lines you can get in any tier and that they are not just the best ones. it causes people to take a long time if they want to perfect their pot lines which can cause people to spend lots of money if they dont want to go through all the time it takes to get to miester smithing and maintain it + get materials for miester cubes (because, that really a lot of work tbh).

it's more of, there's the "base potential you can get" and then there's the "best potential you can get" within any potential tier and think you can only receive the best line on only one of your pot lines on any given gear.

That's the point. People have spend a lot of their hard earned money to reach legendary tier. So why are they getting stat lines that have zero value to their classes?? This was the problem with the core enhancing nodes a while ago. Nodestones gave you skill nodes that belong to entirely different class, and it was an absolute living hell trying to enhance your skill cores (or even to get your skill cores). They saw this was a problem and fixed it so that you only get skill core that belongs to your class.
    But they will never do that for equip enhancements tho. If you're a warrior class, you're still going to get int% and magic att% lines even after you spend a lot of money to reach legendary tier. And worse, you're still getting that "xx% chance to avoid xx damage when attacked" or other complete stupid bs lines that not a single person will ever get a use out of. Again, after spending so much money, there's no reward. There's only more chance. Chance to give your money to greedy devs so they can spit on your face.
    well you also dont have to spend money to reach legendary potential, I've gotten a few equips to leg with the cubes ive gotten from bosses, and even some of those equips got decent pot lines from the free ones.

I see the Node change much like the mastery book change, they made it more linear and easy for people to get what they need because they plan on increasing the pool of skills (via the addition of new classes and new skills for all classes) and dont want to hinder players with a constant increasing to the skill pool causing there to be less chance for them to get the skills they want/ need when they have nodes.

Potential is still just buying into a pool, and nexon probably wont change that because they dont plan on adding more potentials, though I agree entirely that there are still lots of garbo potential lines that need to be removed, they probably wont change how the potential pool works even if they remove the ones that nobody wants or uses, but tbh they should at least only have the potential pool consist of potentials people actually use/ want, meaning %stat, %att/matt,%HP, %Def Ign, %Boss and % crit/ crit damage, and none of the other crap to make the odds better.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited May 2018

Good, you're aware of what you've written. Then next time when you make a post with excessive cursing and Nexon bashing with no discernible suggestion towards resolving the issue, you can create it in the proper forum section instead of having a forum moderator move it for you.

Mind you, the only reason I'm leaving this open rather than locking it for Nexon bashing is because you're allowed to rant about this kind of thing, but when you keep calling people "greedy" and don't offer any constructive way of making things better it really doesn't help matters; you're just ranting about the subject.

Thank you.
  • ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    edited May 2018
    Neospector wrote: »

Good, you're aware of what you've written. Then next time when you make a post with excessive cursing and Nexon bashing with no discernible suggestion towards resolving the issue, you can create it in the proper forum section instead of having a forum moderator move it for you.

Mind you, the only reason I'm leaving this open rather than locking it for Nexon bashing is because you're allowed to rant about this kind of thing, but when you keep calling people "greedy" and don't offer any constructive way of making things better it really doesn't help matters; you're just ranting about the subject.

Thank you.

Oh I'm sure people have already offered constructive way of making things better in a very nice polite manner years ago. If you're still expecting people to act nice and polite after years of devs not doing jack about the problem, that's another evidence that you guys see player base as bunch of idiots. Player base already figured out that making "constructive way of making things better" to you guys won't make a damn difference and have either left the game entirely or been pissed for years.
    And I have pretty much stated what would be a way of fixing this issue. If you know how to read into things, you will be able to tell that what I would like to see happen is reducing the stat pool by getting rid of stupid bs lines that nobody wants and needs. But sadly it seems you really can't and only can read the "nexon bashing." I guess that's all I can really expect from nexon apologi.....(cough cough) I mean forum moderator.
    You should actually move everything from general chat to rants. Even if someone offers "constructive ways of making things better" that fits your definition, they just ends up being "ranting about the subject" if devs completely ignore them (like they always have). The only half decent response you get from moderator is "I'll pass on the message" and nothing happening afterwards.

Sorry if I hit your nerve too hard. Feel free to abuse your "power" and raise warning level
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited May 2018
    Sorry if I hit your nerve too hard. Feel free to abuse your "power" and raise warning level

I will, thank you.

Catooolooo tried to make the conversation into something constructive and I appreciate that, however you've demonstrated that the sole purpose of this thread was to bash Nexon and then bash forum moderators for not agreeing with you.
    For this thread, and several other comments you have made as of late, I have given you a warning.

Close reason:
    • Nexon bashing
    • Inflammatory comments

If you want to remake this thread as a constructive suggestion, feel free.
    Otherwise, you have not demonstrated that you are making any of these comments in good faith; you are not helping matters by lashing out and attacking others.
This discussion has been closed.