[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

More Minigames Please!

DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
Reactions: 7,195
edited May 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I am thinking if there should be more minigames to play in Maplestory. We have Omok and memory as well as other games such as Yut, One card, Monsteropoly which come in certain events. I wish there were other classic games such as checkers, chess, regular cards for other games such as Chinese Poker, poker, Crazy 8 and other games you can think of.

And if we do get minigames and we have cards, would adding an option of betting mesos be a stupid idea?

I know minigames are supposed to be for 2+ players, but a single player game such as Mahjong may be good when we just want to chill by ourselves.
Lyeden
  1. Should we have more minigames?4 votes
    1. Yes! Wanna play poker with my guild :3
       100% (4 votes)
    2. No, Omok and match are enough
       0% (0 votes)
    3. No, I am BORED of board games and there should be no minigames
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• Cadena91Cadena91
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited May 2018
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    I am thinking if there should be more minigames to play in Maplestory. We have Omok and memory as well as other games such as Yut, One card, Monsteropoly which come in certain events. I wish there were other classic games such as checkers, chess, regular cards for other games such as Chinese Poker, poker, Crazy 8 and other games you can think of.

And if we do get minigames and we have cards, would adding an option of betting mesos be a stupid idea?

I know minigames are supposed to be for 2+ players, but a single player game such as Mahjong may be good when we just want to chill by ourselves.

Just give up.

People has been screaming for these kind of board games (chess, poker, backgammon, etc)
    But guess what? nothing has happened.

And this is exactly what is going to happen with your thread, so trust me brother, do not waste your time.

Not sure exactly why we have the Suggestions section for, LOL. it's completely useless in my opinion.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    Single-player Mahjong? If you're playing Maple, you're already at your PC. Alt-TAB out of Maple and play Mahjong with one of the dozens of apps made precisely for that. Why would you want to bloat Maplestory and waste developer time adding yet another implementation of Mahjong, if you're just going to play it on your own anyway?

As for multi-player mini-games... looking at Monsteropoly, One Card, Yut, and now Reversi, it seems Maplestory is not a very good platform for mini-games. The games glitch out, especially if someone is lagging or disconnects. I don't think it's a good idea to add any more, that will also be glitchy, bloat the game, and keep the developers from dealing with the hundreds of bugs and scores of suggestions (that are more on-topic for Maplestory) they should be focusing on.
    SlicedTimeArgentLyeden