[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.

We all want a merge

Comments

  • Kyosuke12Kyosuke12
    Reactions: 405
    Posts: 2
    Member
    edited June 4
    my only concern is what is going to happen to all these servers we had?
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 7,780
    Posts: 2,454
    Member
    edited June 4
    97% + 5% = 102% Gomenasai, maybe stop using %s if you really don't know the distribution, or how it should add up tp 100%. Legit players that constitute the sample size of those wanting to go to a one world merge is less than 90%, it cant be known since as I said before, it's always the same people for and against. bots make up a larger % of the playerbase.
  • BBQTimeBBQTime
    Reactions: 730
    Posts: 29
    Member
    edited June 4
    97% + 5% = 102% Gomenasai, maybe stop using %s if you really don't know the distribution, or how it should add up tp 100%. Legit players that constitute the sample size of those wanting to go to a one world merge is less than 90%, it cant be known since as I said before, it's always the same people for and against. bots make up a larger % of the playerbase.

    You and AKradian should stop messing with him for no reason, you know exactly what he means.

    It doesn't matter if he say 95% or 97% or 99% or whatever, his point is the fact that MOST of players want everyone else (the dead worlds) to merge into Bera.
    AKradian wrote: »
    PrexyNL wrote: »
    What we need to do is restructure world alliances. Have the various low populated servers merged into one server with a new banner. We have far too many worlds and not as many players. What we also need to do is allow players from super populated worlds the ability to xfer to these newly minted worlds, but not the other way around.

    That's how we ended up in the current mess.
    Scania and Windia were considered "too populated" for Nexon to allow transfers in - which resulted in everybody who wanted to be in a big world transfering to Bera. Including a lot of Scanians and Windians, leaving those worlds underpopulated.

    What I think should be done is:
    1. If possible, ally Bera, Scania, Windia, Broa, and Khaini, and add at least 10 channels to the resulting highly-populated world. If adding channels is not feasible, then leave Bera separate but ally the other four into a healthy-sized world.
    2. Ally MYBCKN and GRAZED. The result should still be small enough for those who like quiet worlds.
    3. Issue all characters a World Leap Coupon. This will allow people to move, if they find themselves in a world too crowded or too empty for their liking. Unlike a World Leap Event, this will work for people who happen to be on a break while the restructuring is going on, and then come back for Christmas and don't like where they ended up.

    What I said to Dark is exactly what I'm telling you.

    We (as he said, overwhelming majority), want dead servers to merge into Bera, and let people decide whether they want to stay in that 1 dead world or join Bera!
    Kaiser4EversaladsenpaiiShadEight
  • Kaiser4EverKaiser4Ever
    Reactions: 675
    Posts: 39
    Member
    edited June 4
    Yoongi wrote: »
    I really wish they would do this tbh. Before I took a hiatus, I used to be a dedicated Windia player, and I came back and was shocked to see how dead it was. Now I play in Bera -only- because it's the only non-reboot server that has people in it. But even on Bera finding people to boss with me or do PQ's is so darn hard. All GMS has to do is expand the max # of characters per server so we don't have to delete any, problem solved.

    Yes!
    Let's start this merge already, we're tired of waiting.....
    saladsenpaiicheezburger85
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 7,780
    Posts: 2,454
    Member
    edited June 4
    messing with him? we're engaging in discourse since it is a prevalent and recurring issue. without debate on a topic, solutions cant be found. and %s do matter since that's the basis of their argument, when the reality of it is that for and against are about equal.


    No forum rules are being broken, so exactly what is the issue in responding to Gomen?
    Why not just advocate for another world transfer, and just go to Bera instead of forcing us to move to one overpopulated, bot infested server with no option to ever return to any other server.
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,175
    Posts: 152
    Member
    edited June 4
    So it appears all of us agree something it should be done, whether it be a merge or an opportunity to transfer to another server. I believe the only thing that is being disagreed upon is if there was a world merge, how much worlds should there be, and what to do about those who want to play in dead servers.
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,175
    Posts: 152
    Member
    edited June 4
    Yoongi wrote: »
    I really wish they would do this tbh. Before I took a hiatus, I used to be a dedicated Windia player, and I came back and was shocked to see how dead it was. Now I play in Bera -only- because it's the only non-reboot server that has people in it. But even on Bera finding people to boss with me or do PQ's is so darn hard. All GMS has to do is expand the max # of characters per server so we don't have to delete any, problem solved.

    Yes!
    Let's start this merge already, we're tired of waiting.....

    At this point il be happy with a world merge early 2019
    cheezburger85
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 7,780
    Posts: 2,454
    Member
    edited June 4
    No merge Is necessary, a world transfer is and leave Bera open so people can go to a populated server if they choose. It wont eliminate the option to not participate.
    TachikawaHiyoko
  • XionicomadXionicomad
    Reactions: 820
    Posts: 102
    Member
    edited June 4
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    Yoongi wrote: »
    I really wish they would do this tbh. Before I took a hiatus, I used to be a dedicated Windia player, and I came back and was shocked to see how dead it was. Now I play in Bera -only- because it's the only non-reboot server that has people in it. But even on Bera finding people to boss with me or do PQ's is so darn hard. All GMS has to do is expand the max # of characters per server so we don't have to delete any, problem solved.

    Yes!
    Let's start this merge already, we're tired of waiting.....

    At this point il be happy with a world merge early 2019

    They did a merge before so it shows they have the tech to do it.

    What boggles my mind is why make it s ONE TIME ONLY CRAP THING!?!

    It's like they want their game to die with the "you snooze you lose" deal they have going on.
  • Cadena91Cadena91
    Reactions: 720
    Posts: 48
    Member
    edited June 4
    messing with him? we're engaging in discourse since it is a prevalent and recurring issue. without debate on a topic, solutions cant be found. and %s do matter since that's the basis of their argument, when the reality of it is that for and against are about equal.


    No forum rules are being broken, so exactly what is the issue in responding to Gomen?
    Why not just advocate for another world transfer, and just go to Bera instead of forcing us to move to one overpopulated, bot infested server with no option to ever return to any other server.

    He's right, merge everything into Bera now! I think to have only 2 worlds, Bera and Reboot is a very good idea.
    I hope nexon would actually listen to the majority and do that though.
  • cheezburger85cheezburger85
    Reactions: 850
    Posts: 68
    Member
    edited June 4
    Neospector wrote: »
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    You can see all of our thoughts from over 6 months ago here. Of course we're not allowed to continue that discussion directly...

    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/16513/world-transfer-disaster-huge-screw-up-by-nexon

    You necro'd a 5-month-old thread despite the fact that this thread you're currently commenting in was on the front page at the time of your comment.
    That means you very literally searched the forums either via the search bar, via Google, or literally browsing back dozens of pages to find the thread you commented in. When you had a perfectly valid, open thread in front of you.

    Please don't derail the thread further, thank you.

    Enough is enough, let the merge begin!
    KMS has merged 1000 worlds so far and yet we learn nothing from the koreans!

    No wonder the koreans has a better technology than the rest of the world, they don't just starting to wonder like "ok what we do, now what??" they just do it!
    They're not afraid to take risks and just do the thing! (though in this case there ain't no risks at all, this is just the best and only solution).

    KMS in South Korea is 1 of the most popular games in South Korea, how? because they listen to their players, they're able to bring new players all the time, that's right.
    That's KMS for you!

    "In order to be the best you need to learn from the best", they say.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 33,155
    Posts: 4,817
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited June 5
    I have merged these two threads, since they are the same topic.

    I would also like to remind you all of the forum Code of Conduct, specifically this section:
    Spamming
    - Do not create multiple threads of the same topic or discussions to overwhelm the forums.
    - Bumping (repeated posting on a thread to keep it going or visible) is also not allowed.
    - Intentionally necro-bumping will result in disciplinary action.

    Nexon is well aware of the problem of server populations, and is also aware of all the solutions suggested by members of the community.
    The decision and the implementation are not easy, so it is taking time.
    Your repeatedly breaking the forum Code of Conduct is not going to get Nexon to move any faster.

    If you keep bumping this thread without adding anything meaningful, it will be locked.
  • aroaroraroaror
    Reactions: 320
    Posts: 10
    Member
    edited June 5
    I logged in to propose that idea, and i found this topic! YES!!! bring our fun back!! the days when u had to w8 to go in a pq because all the channels where occupied. The days when u could do almost any boss at anytime! BRING THEM BACK!!!
    HuskyDM
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 33,155
    Posts: 4,817
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited June 5
    aroaror wrote: »
    I logged in to propose that idea, and i found this topic! YES!!! bring our fun back!! the days when u had to w8 to go in a pq because all the channels where occupied. The days when u could do almost any boss at anytime! BRING THEM BACK!!!

    Actually, in those days when you had to wait for a PQ, you also had to wait a long long time at the boss lobby, because there were only 2-3 channels and no instances. Remember registering for HT time slots on sleepywood.com?
  • Miki20000Miki20000
    Reactions: 400
    Posts: 2
    Member
    edited June 5
    Recently started playing Maple again and i got hit nostalgia. But the thing is, Maple changed so much. It's so empty and lonely (In Nova)... I hope Nexon will actually do something about the servers in the next update such as merging it together so more people are together otherwise theres no point in PQ and other events.
  • Miki20000Miki20000
    Reactions: 400
    Posts: 2
    Member
    edited June 5
    Also I don't want to leave my character behind... got all my gears on her
  • Football5Football5
    Reactions: 635
    Posts: 26
    Member
    edited June 5
    aroaror wrote: »
    I logged in to propose that idea, and i found this topic! YES!!! bring our fun back!! the days when u had to w8 to go in a pq because all the channels where occupied. The days when u could do almost any boss at anytime! BRING THEM BACK!!!

    YES! I also miss those times when I had to wait 20-30min in order to enter Ludi PQ!
    And there was SO many people around, clicking non stop! haha good times!! :(
    Miki20000 wrote: »
    Recently started playing Maple again and i got hit nostalgia. But the thing is, Maple changed so much. It's so empty and lonely (In Nova)... I hope Nexon will actually do something about the servers in the next update such as merging it together so more people are together otherwise theres no point in PQ and other events.

    Enough! merge ALL the worlds into Bera!

    We are tired of waiting for so long, people has been crying and screaming for merging everything into one world (so it'd end up as 2 worlds, Bera and Reboot)

    And yet, nothing happens, nothing has changed, nothing! literally nothing!

    Man I feel you, as someone who play in Scania, I can't find a single person :((((

    We want as MANY people as possible, and we want it to be in Bera!

    Make Maplestory Great Again!
  • aroaroraroaror
    Reactions: 320
    Posts: 10
    Member
    edited June 5
    AKradian wrote: »
    aroaror wrote: »
    I logged in to propose that idea, and i found this topic! YES!!! bring our fun back!! the days when u had to w8 to go in a pq because all the channels where occupied. The days when u could do almost any boss at anytime! BRING THEM BACK!!!

    Actually, in those days when you had to wait for a PQ, you also had to wait a long long time at the boss lobby, because there were only 2-3 channels and no instances. Remember registering for HT time slots on sleepywood.com?

    Well, that was the most special part of the game: it was alive. Imagine that you leave your home, and when you come come back, except of two grandpas and one kid, everyone is gone. The queue for the little market- gone. The guys that were sitting on stairs on talking.- gone. The commercial center- gone . All your best friends- gone (okay, that cant be fixed, but im in the mood.). Its look like what is shown in future Henesys became true! The only good thing is that the lack of peoples made this part of the game so realistic and full of emotions...
    The point is, we dont want to play alone :|

  • aroaroraroaror
    Reactions: 320
    Posts: 10
    Member
    edited June 5
    By the way, Im from Khaini :)
  • DSpellGuyDSpellGuy
    Reactions: 1,195
    Posts: 76
    Member
    edited June 5
    Cadena91 wrote: »
    messing with him? we're engaging in discourse since it is a prevalent and recurring issue. without debate on a topic, solutions cant be found. and %s do matter since that's the basis of their argument, when the reality of it is that for and against are about equal.


    No forum rules are being broken, so exactly what is the issue in responding to Gomen?
    Why not just advocate for another world transfer, and just go to Bera instead of forcing us to move to one overpopulated, bot infested server with no option to ever return to any other server.

    He's right, merge everything into Bera now! I think to have only 2 worlds, Bera and Reboot is a very good idea.
    I hope nexon would actually listen to the majority and do that though.

    well here's an issue that many didn't bring up - when you say "merge" into one world - do you mean an alliance sorta thing like we have or actually break it down all into just two servers - Bera "aka, P2W" and Reboot "aka not P2W" ?? If just two servers, then what do you expect for character slot counts? I've over 10 on each world in the MYBCKN alliance with the exception to Nova as I played on those worlds before the alliance. If I cannot keep all my characters, their stuffz and the likes, then I'm fully against a 2 server set up.

    As for the argument about leaving Scania to Bera - did you [all] consider that half that population actually went to REBOOT? That many left the p2w servers to go to a state where there was more challenge and effort to put into getting good gear, etc?

    I'm fine with more alliances to help up the populace, but as I pointed out earlier - the content and rewards are what many look at when it comes to participating. You want to PQ? that's great, the question is does anyone else want to as well? Not just "is there even anyone around to try" - Ever since Nexon changed the level requirements for most of the PQ's but not the rewards, the only one that's somewhat worth doing is R/J due to exp rates.....that's really it.