[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Super high latency

TheAmazingJTheAmazingJ
Reactions: 510
edited May 2018 in Tech Support
I just tried to play after about a year, and my latency is so high I cannot do anything. I'm talking 10-15 seconds before potions are used. In the past, that bad of lag would have DC'd me, but now I'm stuck sitting and waiting on things to happen.

Relevant tech info:
Bera
208 Cannon Master (it happens with potions before I even go to a map and use skills, so I'm not sure this matters)
Wi-fi connection, ~150 Mbps down
Windows 10, haven't gotten the most recent feature update yet
Steam launch

I would list my specs, but the game is running fine, it's just latency.
Monshiro

Comments

• TheOutlanderTheOutlander
    Reactions: 1,230
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    This needs more attention, these last few days my game will just lag up and it crashes by just changing channels (an unavoidable issue when fighting bosses on a daily basis). At the moment I can't train my Blaze Wizard because the orbital flame projectiles won't appear for several seconds while the casting animation continues. I'm not calling a boycott or am even as angry as I used to be at these sort of things, but a developer explanation acknowledging these issues would be nice.
  • LyonsbaineLyonsbaine
    Reactions: 245
    Maplestory keeps getting worse and worse. No wonder they were stripped of rights to Audition.