[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Character's Look

Rune_BladerRune_Blader
Reactions: 100
in General Chat
Hello,

I am new to MS and I choose to play Kinesis. I liked the way he initially looked, however, now with new gear he looks horrible. Is there a way to take his starting gear and make it so it still shows and only it shows? I want to keep his original look versus the way equipment looks on him now.

Comments

• DSpellGuyDSpellGuy
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited May 2018
    Hi, welcome to MS.

use fusion anvils from the cash shop with gear that matches type [so gloves with gloves, overall with overall, etc]. It can get a bit pricey if you do it on every piece of new gear though.

the other option is to hope they bring back the cash shop cover gear set they had released upon the character's release.
  • Rune_BladerRune_Blader
    Reactions: 100
    edited June 2018
    Oh wow, I saw those anvils. It would seem very pricy. If I use the anvils, if there a way to hide the hat and gloves since it's not part of the starting gear?
  • DSpellGuyDSpellGuy
    edited June 2018
    the only way to do that is with invisible cash shop gear, usually permanent versions are available during the black friday sales week around Thanksgiving [States holiday, incase you're a EU player] period. Otherwise they're 90 day items. I'd suggest finding a glove that isn't too bad looking to use - this includes non-magician class gloves. As for hats, well there's not much to use save if you go with the class hat that Shade gets [it doesn't show anything] but that will be a double anvil due to that hat not being tradeable.
  • WhorificWhorific
    Reactions: 1,865
    edited June 2018
    Another point to add about anvils; The current Best-in-slot top and bottom in GMS are gender neutral, while the starting gear of Kinesis is either Male or Female specific. You cannot anvil equips with different gender specifications, as far as I know. Your best bet is to settle on similar looking NX items. Anvils have too many limitations to be useful.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2018
    It should be noted that fusion anvils will not work with tops/bottoms. You'd be better off requesting that the Kinesis outfit package make a return. For example, here is my Kinesis, wearing the Kinesis outfit, Kinesis shoes, an anvilled Daemon Psy Limiter, and transparent face, eye, hat, earring, and gloves:
    FCJEMGOLLBPKHLLOONBCLDJLDBGCPIHLBLJBJOHOAKONNGKPLNLPEPILMKHBPIMEIGNEAAIDNLNBFKEDGDEJOHDCDPDGFDCNKNMOPJBMOPFKNHHAMPCNAJKKHHKJGBHNFJLFANGOKOLKPLAFKKCOHMKFKDHGCNDPIKDFMPHLIOAGJOKNDHMFMCJIHBNPPNINLIBJKDFHGBGKMLBFPDFDMODNDPMMAJDCHPEIMEGECKKCOKDBGJDIIIKLJJKDEAKH.png

The Kinesis package was 13,700 NX when it was last available in GMS. The cash shop suggestion thread is located here.
  • DSpellGuyDSpellGuy
    edited June 2018
    Whorific wrote: »
    Another point to add about anvils; The current Best-in-slot top and bottom in GMS are gender neutral, while the starting gear of Kinesis is either Male or Female specific. You cannot anvil equips with different gender specifications, as far as I know. Your best bet is to settle on similar looking NX items. Anvils have too many limitations to be useful.

ah, thanks for pointing that out, I forgot about Kenesis using gender specific gear.
    Neospector wrote: »
    It should be noted that fusion anvils will not work with tops/bottoms. You'd be better off requesting that the Kinesis outfit package make a return. For example, here is my Kinesis, wearing the Kinesis outfit, Kinesis shoes, an anvilled Daemon Psy Limiter, and transparent face, eye, hat, earring, and gloves:
    FCJEMGOLLBPKHLLOONBCLDJLDBGCPIHLBLJBJOHOAKONNGKPLNLPEPILMKHBPIMEIGNEAAIDNLNBFKEDGDEJOHDCDPDGFDCNKNMOPJBMOPFKNHHAMPCNAJKKHHKJGBHNFJLFANGOKOLKPLAFKKCOHMKFKDHGCNDPIKDFMPHLIOAGJOKNDHMFMCJIHBNPPNINLIBJKDFHGBGKMLBFPDFDMODNDPMMAJDCHPEIMEGECKKCOKDBGJDIIIKLJJKDEAKH.png

The Kinesis package was 13,700 NX when it was last available in GMS. The cash shop suggestion thread is located here.

really? thought you can do top to top and bottom to bottom, but not overall on a top or a bottom?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2018
    DSpellGuy wrote: »
    really? thought you can do top to top and bottom to bottom, but not overall on a top or a bottom?

No, top to top or bottom to bottom or overall to overall; the equip has to be of the same type.