[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Any mobs killable by a lvl 70 that drop Steelies?

SaaalsaSaaalsa
Reactions: 100
in General Chat
I'm just returning to the game after about nine years and noticed the loot tables have all pretty much changed. I've tried looking on several different websites and they all seem to have outdated information regarding what monsters drop what.

Figured asking here would be my best bet to find out since other websites all seem to have different or just plain vague answers.

Comments

• ThatBaldyThatBaldy
    Reactions: 1,145
    edited June 2018
    If you're looking specifically for mobs at ~level 70 that drops steelies, then your best bet would be to use go around to level 70 mobs and look at their monster book card.

If you're fine with higher levels or other throwing stars, then you can try for ilbis from Dual Birks in leafre or Lycanthrope in el nath. Theres also steelies and tobis from Mutant Orange Mushroom in future henesys.

The big issue with grinding for these is that the drop rate is of course low and your level is probably pretty far from the mutant mushrooms.

Last thing, just in case you're in reboot, you can always buy throwing stars and bullets from the general store in henesys and leafre.
  • SaaalsaSaaalsa
    Reactions: 100
    edited June 2018
    ThatBaldy wrote: »
    If you're looking specifically for mobs at ~level 70 that drops steelies, then your best bet would be to use go around to level 70 mobs and look at their monster book card.

If you're fine with higher levels or other throwing stars, then you can try for ilbis from Dual Birks in leafre or Lycanthrope in el nath. Theres also steelies and tobis from Mutant Orange Mushroom in future henesys.

The big issue with grinding for these is that the drop rate is of course low and your level is probably pretty far from the mutant mushrooms.

Last thing, just in case you're in reboot, you can always buy throwing stars and bullets from the general store in henesys and leafre.

Sadly I don't have the time to kill every single monster in the game that's within my level range until they drop a monster book card so I can check their loot tables, hence the OP above which was meant to save me said time I don't have because I'm sure there's at least one person here on the forum that could help provide the information I need.

I do appreciate your attempt at helping though, its the thought that counts man. ^^
  • DSpellGuyDSpellGuy
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited June 2018
    Not entirely sure, but Flower Fish is likely your best shot at your level range.