[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Pink Bean event

EmongAdarnaEmongAdarna
Reactions: 610
edited June 2018 in General Chat
the quest from Hunting Diary "Youre a boss Me Too!" what kind of elite do i need to kill for it, the ones that randomly spawn in maps? i reached 150 and its still not done .. .

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2018
    You need to kill an Elite Boss.

If you kill monsters in the map, an Elite Monster will occasionally show up. Elite Monsters are larger versions of the mobs in the map. You can also summon 3 Elite Monsters using a Rune of Darkness. Once you kill the Elite Monster, a message will appear on the screen which either says "The dark energy is still here, it's making the place quite grim" or "You feel something in the dark energy". If you see the latter message, that means an Elite Boss is close to spawning; keep killing Elite Monsters when they show up.

After a few Elite Monster kills, a large warning sign will flash on the screen accompanied by a siren, at which point the music will change to the Royal Guard BGM, all normal monsters will disappear, and one of the 5 Elite Bosses will be summoned, flanked by two Elite Monsters.
    elite-boss-appearance.gif
    In addition, an alert will be sent out to everyone in the same area, and the Elite Boss will appear as an icon on the world map.
    The five bosses are:
    • Black Knight Mokadin - Warrior
    • Crazy Mage Karriane - Magician
    • Fighter Plaid - Pirate
    • Hunter July - Bowman
    • CQ57 - Thief
    WeekendBossRaid.png

Once the boss is defeated, it will drop a number of prize boxes (the player who summoned the boss and the player who dealt the most damage will receive 2 boxes, anyone else who hits the boss at least once will receive one box), and a 2-minute bonus round will begin where items either rain from the sky or can be obtained by attacking treasure box mobs. When everything's said and done, the map goes back to normal.
    EmongAdarnaInvulgo
  • EmongAdarnaEmongAdarna
    edited June 2018
    Neospector wrote: »
    thanks for this ive never seen a elite boss up to lvl 150 and i killed alot i mean ALOT of elite monster up to 150 xD.
    maybe ill try tomorrow, does elite monsters spawn rate based on my level or i can kill lower ones for faster spawn thanks in advance

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2018
    Elite Monsters spawn based off your level and the level of monsters in the map. If you're too high, they won't spawn.

However you can usually find bosses at popular maps, such as Silent Swamp. If you tag the boss (I.E. hit it), you're not penalized based on level, as long as you don't one-shot it (which is rude to others).
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited June 2018
    Trying to spawn an elite boss yourself on a fresh map that hasn't been touch yet usually take at least an hour.
    The 20th elite monster that spawns in a map will be a elite boss (this count is reset if the ch crashes, reset or maintenance).
    "The dark energy is still here. It's making the place quite grim" message will show up if it the 1st-15th elite monster killed.
    "You feel something in the dark energy..." will show up if it the 16th-19th elite monster killed.
    There is a 2-3 minute cooldown after you kill an elite monster where no kills will count toward summoning a elite monster.
  • EmongAdarnaEmongAdarna
    edited June 2018
    thanks for all the replies, how big is the level difference to be exact?
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    thanks for all the replies, how big is the level difference to be exact?

+/- 20 your lvl, iirc (if not it's 10, safe bet is always 10).