[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Mega Character Burninator Issues

AKradianAKradian
Reactions: 40,310
Member, Private Tester
edited June 2018 in Announcements
http://maplestory.nexon.net/news//31473/
Nexon wrote:
[Updated June 4 6:00 PM] If you claim it from the gift-box notifier, be sure to use it before it expires.

There is currently an issue where characters that use the Mega Character Burninator will lose the effect when they log out of the game. This is not intended, and we plan to fix this issue during our next scheduled maintenance. Those that have used the Mega Character Burninator will have the character's burning time extended once the issue is fixed. We apologize for any inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.

The maintenance is expected to be on Thursday, June 7th. In the evening (UTC).
If you have already claimed your Burninator from the giftbox notifier, and its expiration date is before June 8, be sure to use it on the character you wish to burn, before it expires.

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2018
    What happens if the character I first burned is passed the 149 limit? would I be able to burn another?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    What happens if the character I first burned is passed the 149 limit? would I be able to burn another?

No.
    edited June 2018
    Even though it was glitched? because after the effect wore off from logging off, I continued to train it without the burning effect.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    Even though it was glitched? because after the effect wore off from logging off, I continued to train it without the burning effect.

They will restore the burning status to that character. That is what they said they will do.
    Since it's over 149, nothing will happen.
  • SquidSpatulaSquidSpatula
    Reactions: 200
    AKradian wrote: »

No.

Well that blows, if I had known that I would've stopped playing my burned character and worked on a different one to make more efficient use of my time.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018

No.

Well that blows, if I had known that I would've stopped playing my burned character and worked on a different one to make more efficient use of my time.

The web notice saying that they would extend burning was posted May 31st at around 11AM PDT.
    edited June 2018
    Ah true, true, it's just an extension.
  • SquidSpatulaSquidSpatula
    Reactions: 200
    edited June 2018

No.

No.

The web notice saying that they would extend burning was posted May 31st at around 11AM PDT.

I saw it.

What I meant was, I was hoping that since I got my burning character past 150, I could have transferred the burning effect to a different character. I saw that the post said extended burning effect. However, I put in a ticket inquiring about transferring the burning effect to another character which a BOT responded something along the lines of, "We know there is a problem with the burning effect, we are working on a solution". So I never got an answer to my question of being able to transfer the burning effect, hence my earlier statement. I should add to it for clarification. "If I had known (that the burning effect could not be transferred and that Nexon would only extend the existing current effect and render it useless if said character already leveled past LVL 150 then) I would've stopped playing my burned character and worked on a different one to make more efficient use of my time."
  • NASOONGNASOONG
    I just logged out and the burniator effect disappeared. I was level 73.
  • AtrialTachyAtrialTachy
    Reactions: 500
    edited June 2018
    Burning effect is totally gone on my Cannoneer. Also, no extension, no compensation given for non-working burninator, even after maintenance.

Edit: Just forgot to mention it was only a Level 43 Cannoneer named Atriarchy. I have done two level ups in it, one before maintenance and another after maintenance. Neither level up was a burning one!
  • ruth02ruth02
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited June 2018
    Burning effect is totally gone on my Cannoneer. Also, no extension, no compensation given for non-working burninator, even after maintenance.

same for my in my wind archer :(
  • FasqueFasque
    Reactions: 100
    I deleted my burning character because it stopped working. I thought it was some sort of bug, and I did not see the news about you guys are gonna fix it.
    What should I do now?
    Am I able to burn a new character?
    Please help!