[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Game won't start- PLEASE help!!!!

ReiSamaReiSama
Reactions: 400
edited June 2018 in Tech Support
Hi everyone, so for a long time (many months) my game hasn't been starting. The launcher works fine, the game patches, and everything seems A-okay until I click Play and this error message shows up:
tumblr_p9yjjgB9ni1vhmkhso1_540.png
followed by this:
tumblr_p9yjjgB9ni1vhmkhso2_540.png

I haven't had the time or energy to post about it until now for personal reasons, but I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling (after deleting ALL trace of the game files off my hard drive), repairing the install, installing windows updates and new drivers and stuff.. I'm not the best with computers D= Does anyone have any idea what I can do? Every time there's a new patch I keep hoping that the game will fix itself, but no luck..

I have an old windows Vista that used to work perfectly for playing it, but now that Vista isn't compatible anymore (WHY, NEXON, WHY?) this laptop is my only option TT_TT

Maplestory is very important to me and I would really really appreciate any help with this!!!!! </3

Comments

• lHimuralHimura
    edited June 2018
    at least you have a messsage, in my case the game just dont start. It dont says nothing to me, try to start and then the screen puts black but in a few seconds just get back to the desk :(
    is a shame, because i really want play this game but... I guees i just have to let it
  • lHimuralHimura
    at least you have a messsage, in my case the game just dont start. It dont says nothing to me, try to start and then the screen puts black but in a few seconds just get back to the desk :(
    is a shame, because i really want play this game but... I guees i just have to let it
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2018
    You should download the Visual C++ Runtime library from Microsoft.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads
    The latest is 2017. My computer has all versions up to 2015 installed, but works without 2017.

Additionally, Vista is still supported as a minimum system requirement to my knowledge. XP, however, was phased out (as Microsoft themselves have dropped support for the XP operating system entirely).
  • ReiSamaReiSama
    edited June 2018
    Neospector wrote: »
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads
    The latest is 2017. My computer has all versions up to 2015 installed, but works without 2017.

Additionally, Vista is still supported as a minimum system requirement to my knowledge. XP, however, was phased out (as Microsoft themselves have dropped support for the XP operating system entirely).

What? Vista is still supported? Are you sure?! ): I heard from multiple people that it wasn't anymore, and the Nexon launcher won't even so much as open on my vista pc.
    But I will try that download, thank you~
  • ReiSamaReiSama
    edited June 2018
    lHimura wrote: »

That sucks ):
  • ReiSamaReiSama
    edited June 2018
    Neospector wrote: »

Unfortunately that didn't work at all TT_TT do you have any other ideas?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2018
    What versions of the runtime did you install?