[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

A hold on Video's this month, unless...

ThonerThoner
Reactions: 1,375
Member, Private Tester
edited June 2018 in Off-Topic Discussion
Hello All,

As you may have seen on one of my more recent video's (Comment Section), I need to put a hold on video making for about a month to seek employment. Now that I have gained a Bachelor's of Science in Mathematics, I should be able to more easily find employment that could more sufficiently assist me in funding for software that could help me make more entertaining maple story videos, possibly even add animations in the future. Until then, please wish me luck as I attempt to fund this with the money I can hopefully earn in the job I hopefully find with my efforts this month. If I can get a job that at least pays $18.00/hr., I can get better video making software at least.
Since I value your time and patience, please comment on what you may want me to do for future videos. I care about you guys and really want to help grow the Maple Story community. Please tell me if I sound high or if I sound more like a robot, maybe a high robot? Let me know after watching the video in the link below.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=juV6gfsZldk

(Note: I do not smoke any form of substance but I am monotone so... I want to know if I need to be concerned in an interview.)

Sincerely,

Thoner
  1. What do I sound like in that video?3 votes
    1. A robot?
       33% (1 vote)
    2. A high guy?
       0% (0 votes)
    3. A high robot? (Plz no...)
       33% (1 vote)
    4. Your fine monotone dude. ;P
       33% (1 vote)

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2018
    you just sound laid back
    Thoner
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    Reactions: 1,565
    edited June 2018
    Just FYI i get paid just below that for part-time $18.00/hr with full benefits. It's weird how people can't afford the best yet? I blame the universities and college money grubbing ways.
    Thoner
  • ThonerThoner
    Reactions: 1,375
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    you just sound laid back

Thank you for your response regarding how I sound on the video. Historically, I have had problems with my recordings and the audio has usually made me sound like the options I listed above. Glad to see that no one agrees with me so far. If I went into an interview sounding like I did in the past I could only expect difficulties. Again, thank you for the confidence builder.

Sincerely,

Thoner
  • TachikawaHiyokoTachikawaHiyoko
    Reactions: 1,290
    edited June 2018
    You just sound very relaxed and maybe kinda sleepy, hahaha. But that's not necessarily bad, for me. ;)

Good luck job-hunting! :) I hope you find the job you want/need. ^_~
    Thoner
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited June 2018
    From one underemployed graduate speaking to another, I sincerely wish you only the best in finding a fun career for your college degree. It is not often easy transitioning from a graduate to a salaried employee.

I've had my B.S. in Statistics for a few years now and have yet received a single offer despite the seemingly countless applications submitted and job fairs attended. Right now, still actively job searching while working part time bar-tending (and volunteering here, of course) but haven't given up yet.

In the meantime, I still find flinging a few fireballs in MS really helps take the edge off from a crummy day serving Mimosas.
    Thoner