[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Best cubes to improve my items ?

NesakysiuNesakysiu
Reactions: 635
edited June 2018 in General Chat
Good day. So, pretty much the topic. What cubes are best to use to get decent % on my items ? Cash shop cubes or the ones in game ? Because it seems like you need hella ton of cubes just to get atleast one item to unique... Thanks in advance !

Comments

• DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited June 2018
    Black Cubes are for tiering up or keeping good lines and cubing seeing if you can get better lines while having a choice of keeping the new or old potentials. The RED cubes are if you looking for something specific like 3 of the same stat lines. You could still use Black Cubes for any scenario, but they are costly as they are 2.2k NX versus 1.2k for Red Cubes.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited June 2018
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/84jb2e/gms_cube_probability_distributions_and_expected/
    Black cube is best for getting more than 1 prime lines.
    (if your item is legendary, the first potential line will always be legendary while the 2nd/3rd line will either be legendary/unique, black cube has a higher chance of the 2nd/3rd line being legendary than red cubes)

A year old data on tier up rate, (not enough data on meister cube so the tier up rate that you see might not be what you expect from meister cube) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1od_hep5Y6x2ljfrh4M8zj5RwlpgYDRn5uTymx4iLPyw/pubhtml#
  • NesakysiuNesakysiu
    edited June 2018
    Thanks for your replies ! Although, for example, if my item is rare, and I wanna get let's say 15% on it, what would be the best scenario here ? Should I use occult cubes to get it to epic and then use NX cubes like RED cube to get it to unique ?
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited June 2018
    Nesakysiu wrote: »
    Good day. So, pretty much the topic. What cubes are best to use to get decent % on my items ? Cash shop cubes or the ones in game ? Because it seems like you need hella ton of cubes just to get atleast one item to unique... Thanks in advance !

Truthfully you should never cube your own gear, unless it is your weapon/sub weapon or emblem. To this day I have never rolled 3 line of my main classes % stat at legendary tier the closest i have come to doing so was 3 lines on a unique tier one single time in all my maple life (over 3 years and counting) that was rather disappointing to me since i was trying to tier it up.

You are best trading or paying mesos for good gear that is triple lined leg from someone else's $$$.
  • NesakysiuNesakysiu
    edited June 2018
    Nesakysiu wrote: »

Truthfully you should never cube your own gear, unless it is your weapon/sub weapon or emblem. To this day I have never rolled 3 line of my main classes % stat at legendary tier the closest i have come to doing so was 3 lines on a unique tier one single time in all my maple life (over 3 years and counting) that was rather disappointing to me since i was trying to tier it up.

You are best trading or paying mesos for good gear that is triple lined leg from someone else's $$$.

Good point. Although, is it just me, or decent items are extremely over-priced nowadays ? That's why cubing my own items came to my mind... (I've been playing Maple since almost forever, on and off...)