[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

RIP CodeNox, best NW

UserRedUserRed
Reactions: 1,590
edited June 2018 in General Chat

Comments

• xxHorntailxxxxHorntailxx
    Reactions: 1,860
    edited June 2018
    NotLikeThis rip
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    Looks like he royally messed up. I had a similar situation and they wouldn't recover my item but let's see if he gets special treatment because he's a streamer.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2018
    that was his fault, no doubt about it
  • TachikawaHiyokoTachikawaHiyoko
    Reactions: 1,290
    edited June 2018
    I watched the video but didn't really get what was going on. o.o What happened?
    edited June 2018

he sold his superior gollux item in the ra shop, don't know what he was buying or selling but he clicked on his item.
    edited June 2018

he sold his superior gollux item in the ra shop, don't know what he was buying or selling but he clicked on his item.

Ohh, I see. That's kinda what I thought it was happening, but it seemed so intentional to sell that item to the store that I didn't think THAT was the problem, lol. ^^U Can't you buy back those items if you sell them by mistake to the store? I've never had one of those, so I wouldn't know. :P

Thanks for the explanation, in any case. :)
    edited June 2018
    I believe unique, untradables you may not be able to, lol never been dumb enough to sell my items like that. but I agree with you, it did seem intentional.
    TachikawaHiyoko
    edited June 2018
    Ahh, I see. Yeah, I've never had that problem either, I always pay a lot of attention to what I'm doing because I know I have some stuff that appear available to be NPC'ed even though I KNOW I don't ever want to do that. And I don't even have anything really pro, lol. xD But, well, nobody is perfect and stupid things happen even if we're careful. But I truly thought I was not understanding the issue! xD Now I've seen a video in his Youtube channel saying he's quitting the game because of this. :O That seems a bit extreme for me, to be honest. ^^U
  • ChroniusNightmareChroniusNightmare
    Reactions: 1,975
    edited June 2018
    The funny thing is, he could have actually bought it back. All he had to do was scroll down the list in the Buy Back option since all of the recent stuff is at the bottom.
  • ThatBaldyThatBaldy
    Reactions: 1,145
    edited June 2018
    So what happened was that his guild mate or someone of interest was standing directly where the superior gollux earring was. He for some reason clicked the shop and was ready to exit the shop so he could right-click his buddy to bring up the small menu. However there was a slight delay in the opening of the shop and as he moused over the superior gollux earring he right clicked and pressed esc in less than 1 second. Since he had right-click to sell enabled it went to the bottom of the list without him noticing.
    Afterword he carried on without noticing anything wrong and right-clicked his friend. No one in the chat caught it either and eventually he logged off.

I think an issue is that he is really used to locking his important equips and as a result his important equips were "safe" at the top of his inventory, but exposed to the shop menu. I know this is just something being said in hindsight but it does create a situation where you become relaxed and more vulnerable to something like this.
    edited June 2018
    but in the clip people tell him he sold it and he reacted to it, and yeah he said he unlocked the earrings to prepare for flames
  • DarkZettaDarkZetta
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited June 2018
    It's partially his fault and partially Nexon's fault. The clip doesn't do any justice to try and explain the situation in its entirety. You're better off watching this little bit of the vod where it actually took place and you can see why Nexon is also to blame for this as well.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/274846784?t=04h41m50s