[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Mega Burning Event

Comments

• MarmilaidousMarmilaidous
    Reactions: 510
    edited June 2018
    They said that so we could see that, even if we have a burning character from the Burninator item that was given some days ago, through the Ark micro-site event, we could participate anyways in the Mega Burning Character event that's going on now. There was a lot of doubts whether or not you could get the second burninator they were going to give on Sunday while the first one still was active, if we could participate in the Mega Burning Character Event that started now while having the other one still active and stuff like that, so I guess they wanted to make sure you COULD use both things. I don't think they meant you would be able to get another Burninator item.

So, here's like it is:

1. At the beginning of June, the reward for sharing the Ark micro-site first page was an item called Burninator that allowed you to use it on 1 existing character and make it burn from level 10 to 149.
    2. That Burninator's duration was extended due to issues with it. So, if you used it, the character still counts as "burning" until the end of June, more or less.
    3. They were planning on giving out a 2nd Burninator item last Sunday, as part of the Sunny Sunday prizes, but since the 1st Burninator is still active in the accounts that got it and used it, they decided to not give out that 2nd item for the time being, so it wouldn't conflict with the one that was already at work and it wouldn't expire either.
    4. Then this Ark Update came and, with it, came the Mega Burning Character event, which allows you to make one newly created character "burn". This only can be done from the character creation screen and doesn't apply to already existing characters. Also, it doesn't conflict with the already "burning character" that you may have in your account if you received and used the 1st Burninator item.

I don't think they have considered to give out the 2nd Burninator item yet and, instead, they made this other event, which allows you to burn a new character anyways. :)
    I understand all that, and the purpose seems to be clear. But still, the description in the event page info is kinda misleading. It makes things appear as if you are supposed to receive a new Burninator somewhere, and be able to use it along with the Mega burning event.

I was hoping someone like Neospector, who is apparently a pseudo-spokesperson for Nexon, would be able to give a less vague explanation to this issue. Instead, I was given a response that makes no sense, and doesn't explain why the event page clearly states you can use a Burninator, without explaining where you can get one or which Burninator the reference is to.

Also, I haven't heard it anywhere officially announced on the website that the second Burninator was cancelled. Unless you've got a link to provide.

I hope someone more official than me can clarify things. I may even be mistaken, I don't know. I just shared what I thought I knew and understood of this whole thing.

The link you want with the official information is this: http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/31715/complete-update-scheduled-maintenance-june-14-2018

There's explained they will give compensations for people who lost the 1st Burninator because it was bugged and they let them expire, and that they wouldn't give a 2nd new Burninator for everyone on Sunny Sunday so it wouldn't conflict with the existing one. Hopefully, that'll help you see that that, at least, is not a theory but what they official published for all of us to see. ;)
    I never said your reply wasn't helpful, just that I was confused why they wrote two characters can have Burn effect at the same time, if as was stated already the 2nd Burninator won't be available. And I was kinda surprised that, a Nexon official replied in this thread and failed to explain that issue in detail.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2018
    it says in the patch notes. one can have burninator and another the mega burning