[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Panic Blind VS Regular Blind

ClearSkyClearSky
Reactions: 540
edited June 2018 in General Chat
Is there difference between panic blind and regular blind (caused via weapon potentials etc) because I believe I saw that I inflicted 2 types of blind status on enemies.

Panic blind apparently does shadow attack and blind with 90% proc and cuts 20% accuracy not that it matters but also cushions 30% damage

while regular Blind I'm pretty sure only decreases accuracy.

Can anyone confirm that panic blind and regular blind are two separate ailments

Comments

• RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited June 2018
    You see two blind icon because the damage reduction is in effect from panic but the blind effect from the potential is in effect (if the potential is applied after panic, it completely replace the blind effect from panic with it own version of blind which causes the two icon)
  • ClearSkyClearSky
    edited June 2018
    Does it overwrite the "Shadow attack" from Panic or does it only overwrite the acc drop effects
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited June 2018
    Shadow attack is just flavor text, it does nothing as far as I know (dark element base attacks do exist but I have not encounter any monster that is resistant or immune to only dark element).

The blind effect from potential replaces only the acc drop effect from panic, which causes two icon to appear, one to symbolize the damage reduction from panic, the other to symbolize the acc drop from the blind potential. If you were to use panic again on a monster with both icon, it will have only one icon again because panic acc drop effect replace the blind potential acc drop effect.
    ClearSky
  • ClearSkyClearSky
    edited June 2018
    Okay. So only the accuracy drop. Got it. Thank you