[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[BUG] Error code 38: (Reached the end of file)

AudioFAudioF
Reactions: 1,435
Member, Private Tester
edited June 2018 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Game Crash
Brief bug summary: Game instantly crashes to the desktop
More details: Game crash with following information: Error code 38: (Reached the end of file). This error was present in the game for quite some time but I was getting it maybe once a month. Since last maintenance I've crashed 7 times like that, sometimes even with 5-10 min between crashes. At the time of the crash I was standing still in different maps and different channels. A repair and clean installation did not alleviate this issue at all.

Steps to reproduce: Appears to be very random or triggered by something that is not easy to see.

Character name: AudioFeels (any char, though)
Character level: 250
Character job: Shade
World name: Reboop

Date and time of the incident: Most recent around 9:30 CEST 21/06/2018. Yesterday within 2 hours after maint around 5-10 min between crashes.

It appears that since the last patch this error is showing very, very often. I assume it's player-related as my Kanna account that is never in town (or any crowded place) has not yet crashed and it's logged for nearly same time as my Shade. Could it be a chair or any other interaction with other players? I've been siting in Arcana, VJ or Leafre - zones where it's quite easy to meet others.

Comments

• HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    I've also encountered this 3+ times since the patch. Crashed with this error on both my main PC and my laptop at the same time, my kanna and my main were in the same map (Nameless Town), so I'm also assuming it's a chair or something similar that is crashing maps as the channel itself was fine.

IGN: SadVirgin / Unempioyed
    Level: 250 / 225
    Job: Phantom / Kanna
    World: Bera
  • PlutiaPlutia
    Reactions: 730
    edited August 2018
    just had this happen twice on bera ch1 henesys

IGN: Haukae
    Level : 184
    Job: Kanna
  • saxfiendsaxfiend
    Reactions: 700
    edited August 2018
    Happened to me multiple times today tonight as well. Neither repair nor reinstall seem to make a difference.

In every case I was just standing around when it suddenly crashed. currently it is happening after logging in for between 0-5 minutes of being online.

Name(s): AcornsLabXL; AcornsStarXL
    Level: 150 & 10; 201
    Job(s): Nightlord & Beginner; Nightlord
    World(s): Lab; Reboot
  • YoongiYoongi
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited August 2018
    I'm getting this too, when I'm not even doing anything, just standing afk on a map.

Name: PinkJimin
    Level: 176
    Job: mercedes
    World: Bera
  • BuffetRaiderBuffetRaider
    Reactions: 300
    edited August 2018
    I'm getting this in Henesys on Lab server.
    Name: Hwaaaaaaaaat
    Level:100
    Job: F/P Magician
    World: Lab

Side note, why do I have to select a server then back out to the world select menu to see the Lab server button?