[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Arcane river...really?

YoongiYoongi
Reactions: 1,735
edited June 2018 in Rants and Raves
I just needed to vent about how much I hate Arcane river. You need Arcane force to fight properly on the maps...yet the first map you go in with NONE, you get the 'fake' force for a while, and you don't get real arcane force until you finish the entire thing.
Let me say how frustrating it is that I can't get through the river on my own despite being the proper level and normally doing fair damage wise. Yet I had to have someone help me, which I felt immensely guilty for. It just bothers me, because I hate to bug people and I try to solo the game as much as I can despite being in a lovely guild.

I know I'm not the only one who plays mostly solo, and I feel like by forcing other people to go through that area just to help you isn't a good idea. At the very least, the first map where you have to kill 10 erdas to get the fake arcane force should not be an arcane force map. Yet it is. I was dying constantly before someone came to help me. He even said to me 'welcome to the first big wall of the game.'

That's not right, nexon. This game is already not made to be very social. At least allow people to solo and not have to bother others for help.
YinYangX

Comments

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    Lol, definitely have to agree I was pretty irked about this.
    But in hindsight, I like it since it gives me an opportunity to help out my guildmates and random buddy list ppl. xd
    (For semi-reference, I've soloed every pre/storyline up to Arcana with -AF without asking for help since I'm stubborn like that. xd)
  • MascaradeMascarade
    Reactions: 1,210
    edited July 2018
    This^^ is so ridiculous and add to this arcane crap the fact at level 227 the ONLY monsters giving credit/event drops etc. are lanterns, so why do I have to do all these daily quest on monsters that do not even give me credit ???? Makes zero sense, if nexon is going to require me to do quest daily then damn-it give me the freaking credit for it !!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Mascarade wrote: »
    This^^ is so ridiculous and add to this arcane crap the fact at level 227 the ONLY monsters giving credit/event drops etc. are lanterns, so why do I have to do all these daily quest on monsters that do not even give me credit ???? Makes zero sense, if nexon is going to require me to do quest daily then damn-it give me the freaking credit for it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean you at 227 you should only be having to do two quests.
    I mean that's like the same thing as Commerci Voyage mobs not counting and yet I don't see anyone complaining about that (yet).
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2018
    The first area, lake of oblivion, the temporary arcane stone is enough, the struggle comes in the cliff and then the cave