[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Rants and Raves vs Code of Conduct

YinYangXYinYangX
Reactions: 3,995
Member, Private Tester
edited July 2018 in Rants and Raves
Asking this seriously so I can avoid breaking the rules, getting posts locked, and potential getting my forum account flagged, but someone please correct me if my understanding is wrong, but under the Code of Conduct (from Home > Forum Rules and Guides), Harassment/Flaming/Trolling, it says "Inflammatory threads towards the game, the players, the company and its employees will not be tolerated." Just taking the loose definition of flaming(internet), ranting, and raving from Google/wiki, "Flaming is a hostile and insulting interaction between persons over the Internet." "Ranting: speak or shout at length in a wild, impassioned way." "Raving: wild, irrational, or incoherent talk."
By implication, I believe ranting and raving usually expresses displeasure or anger towards the subject mentioned. Given it doesn't have to "hostile or insulting", doesn't that technically make it flaming? And then by the Code of Conduct, the "Rants and Raves" sections by definition is breaking the Flaming rule?

Would appreciate a formal reply before locking or at least someone to properly message so I can understand this situation, thank you ahead of time.

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited July 2018
    It's up to moderator discretion as to what constitutes "too far". It also depends on the context; a one-off comment is probably not going to warrant a thread lock, but repeated comments of the same nature might.

Typically, the best rule of thumb you can follow to determine whether or not a thread is flaming and harassment as opposed to a legitimate rant is Wil Wheaton's Law.
    YinYangX
  • MisterPENGUINMisterPENGUIN
    Reactions: 2,075
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Neospector wrote: »
    It's up to moderator discretion as to what constitutes "too far". It also depends on the context; a one-off comment is probably not going to warrant a thread lock, but repeated comments of the same nature might.

Typically, the best rule of thumb you can follow to determine whether or not a thread is flaming and harassment as opposed to a legitimate rant is Wil Wheaton's Law.
    LMFAO That LINK THO