[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Fantasy Theme World Invasion!

ObsidianDiaObsidianDia
Reactions: 300
edited July 2018 in Rants and Raves
Fantasy Theme World is riddled... RIDDLED with Bots! Every channel in Windia and every map! What is happing? I can only report so many times. Good grief!

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2018
    Bots are like roaches, mice and rats, they infest the areas where no one really gathers in. Fantasy theme world is an un-used area to train in, so bots use it for their botting.
  • ObsidianDiaObsidianDia
    edited July 2018
    Bots and like roaches, mice and rats, they infest the areas where no one really gathers in. Fantasy theme world is an un-used area to train in, so bots use it for their botting.

Haha funny enough I seem to be the only one to use it then since I never had a problem till now. Why do bots even exist? They are obviously got the goofy "xcaghssxfa" username and instantly reported on so what even the point in making them? Instaban!
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2018
    Bots and like roaches, mice and rats, they infest the areas where no one really gathers in. Fantasy theme world is an un-used area to train in, so bots use it for their botting.

Haha funny enough I seem to be the only one to use it then since I never had a problem till now. Why do bots even exist? They are obviously got the goofy "xcaghssxfa" username and instantly reported on so what even the point in making them? Instaban!

Since the creation of maplestory, hackers surfaced, however it all began as mods or hacks to gain the upper hand in training etc. over time when nx cash was worth more up to now, botting became a means of swindling Nexon out of real money, how? well, bots don't just exist in a group of one or 10 or even a thousand, there's a large infrastructure (building), sometimes (in a foreign location, usually somewhere in Asia, most likely China), where it is dedicated to meso farming by bots. a couple years ago, what became popular was buying mesos from illegal (blackmarket (the law cant do anything but Nexon can if they know you use them) sites, which created a demand for even more botting. Botting is deeply rooted into Maplestory, and whatever anyone says, Nexon doesn't benefit from these illicit practices. Botters are direct competition for Nexon when it comes to consumer goods.
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited July 2018
    In what map(s) in Fantasy Theme World do you see them the most often?
  • AteruiAterui
    Reactions: 410
    edited July 2018
    Literally almost all of them. Any one of them with higher spawn amounts or that aren't too large. This is true with Bera as well on almost all channels.
  • ObsidianDiaObsidianDia
    edited July 2018
    scholar624 wrote: »
    In what map(s) in Fantasy Theme World do you see them the most often?

Atrerui is right, they are in all of the maps in the theme dungeon.
  • ObsidianDiaObsidianDia
    edited July 2018

Since the creation of maplestory, hackers surfaced, however it all began as mods or hacks to gain the upper hand in training etc. over time when nx cash was worth more up to now, botting became a means of swindling Nexon out of real money, how? well, bots don't just exist in a group of one or 10 or even a thousand, there's a large infrastructure (building), sometimes (in a foreign location, usually somewhere in Asia, most likely China), where it is dedicated to meso farming by bots. a couple years ago, what became popular was buying mesos from illegal (blackmarket (the law cant do anything but Nexon can if they know you use them) sites, which created a demand for even more botting. Botting is deeply rooted into Maplestory, and whatever anyone says, Nexon doesn't benefit from these illicit practices. Botters are direct competition for Nexon when it comes to consumer goods.

I am very familiar with bots and hacks and some of the soliciting companies that try to con you into buying their "services". They exist in pretty much all MMOs. My comment was written with heavy sarcasm.