[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

New Thief Class

KaramilkKaramilk
Reactions: 300
edited July 2018 in Fan Creations
I don't know how original this is but I'm thinking of a thief that uses guns.

Looks:
I envision the class wearing like dark colors and if it's not too cliche, a dark trench coat and some kind of cool face cover or helmet to conceal their identity. If not then I'm sure someone could come up with a more original look. He/she would be something like a mix of Neo/Red Hood/Hitman wielding dual suppressed pistols like desert eagles or 1911s to make them even cooler. Their main colours could maybe be a deep sea blue and black since all the other characters that use guns are typically like orange or red just to differentiate them from the others. The class could be agile, deadly and silent, or loud, dangerous and destructive, depending on the playstyle of the user, as badass as possible I'd what I'm saying.

Abilities: For first to third job I'm thinking pretty simple skills using the guns along with all the typing thief skills light dark side, haste and passive avoidability. Maybe the flash jump could be them shooting backwards or upwards for an up jump (yes I know that this has been done before), some skill that makes them leap backwards/forwards while shooting like a row of monsters in front of them (like the length of the platform in drakes),I just think that sounds cool. For 4th job I'm thinking their main mobbing skill would do something like the Character throws something metallic like a coin (not very realistic but this is Maple story why not) in the air and shoots it, raining down bullets from an angle in front of him/her and you could hold down this ability. One of their mechanics could be like you could switch between suppressed and unsuppressed both with different benefits and downsides like suppressed does less damage but hits more lines and is slower and unsuppressed obviously does more damage but less lines and slower. Id like if the player could decide whenever to switch between the two unlike luminous how you are forced to use one or the other. It gives players the ability to decide which they like better making playstyles for people different. The suppressed abilities could come out faster and end quicker but the unsuppressed would be slower and have more end lag. A 5th job/hyper skill which I would think is awesome would be like a full screen gun kata/death blossom like from equilibrium the movie or overwatch the game. While the ability is active you can move around and jump. That would be the suppressed version of the ability but the unsuppressed version would make them stand still stuck in place while casting and instead of shooting a whole bunch of enemies all over the map, this version would send a ton of bullets all one direction while the character is like flipping and teleporting a fixed spot. One version is better for mobbing and the other for bossing. I know that's just taking the skill from Bowman and reskinning but I still think it would be cooI on a thief since almost all the thiefs skills are upclose. Overall a very fast mobile class thats not too combo heavy but can be played differently for different situations or different players.

Backstory:
I'm not great at coming up with backstories but maybe this character could be some sort of child of a hired assassin and their mother/father goes missing, so they train and use all the skills their parent taught them to go on a search and find them. I don't think they should be held hostage or be killed because that's too cliche (I know how edgy this class is already). Something a long those lines I think would be interesting and a little different then all the others. Maybe this class could be from some known place like Henesys. Who knows maybe this character is one of chief Stan's sons and chief Stan's was secretly an assassin for hire, that would be kind of cool. After finding their parent captured by some known maple big bad, they would defeat that big bad and fight side by side with them.

The name of this class?
I'm thinking something like Trickster, or Akimbo (since they use two guns). Hopefully Nexon can come up with a better name but let me know what you think of my class and if you'd play it.

Thanks
  1. Would you play this class0 votes
    1. Yes
       0% (0 votes)
    2. No
       0% (0 votes)